2 posters
Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AutorTeade
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

Female Postituste arv : 5899

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/7/2010, 17:05

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Parimadasjadelus

Nimi:
Parimad asjad elus

Autor: Tyne O'Connell

Lehekülgede arv: 240

Kuupäev: 21.07.10

Sisu:
Saskial on nimekiri sellest, mida ta tahab saavutada enne kolmekümneseks saamist. Paraku näib kõik viltu vedavat: tema sõber jättis ta äsja maha, ta paistab olevat valinud valesti ka tööl tekkinud võimaluste seast. Kolmekümnes sünnipäev on juba kolme nädala pärast – ja siis astub tema galerii uksest sisse üks maailma rikkamaid mehi...

Katkend:

"Lubage, ma toon teile juua. Kohvi, teed, veini, viina ja toonikut?"
"Vein ja toonik kõlab suurepäraselt," venitas ta.
"Oh, issake, noh, tegelikult ei ole meil viina ja toonikut. Selles mõttes, et on küll, aga selles on sigaretikoni, kahjuks jah. Jää vait, Saskia."

Arvamus: See viis sopakad täiesti uuele tasemele. Ei mäleta, millal viimati sellist... mõttetut asja lugesin.

Hinne:
4/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/7/2010, 17:19

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Kelley+Armstrong+The+Reckoning

Nimi:
The Reckoning

Autor: Kelley Armstrong

Kuupäev: 22.07.10

Lehekülgede arv: 391

Sisu: My name is Chloe Saunders. I’m fifteen, and I would love to be normal.

But normal is one thing I’m not.

For one thing, I’m having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother—who just happens to be a sorcerer—but, between you and me, I’m leaning toward the werewolf.

Not normal.

My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us—permanently.

Definitely not normal.

And finally, I’m a genetically altered necromancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.

As far away from normal as it gets.

Katkendid:

"I must have been sound asleep if I missed all that shouting," Simon said.
"What shouting?" Derek said.
"You mean Chloe just told you that she fllowed a ghost onto a roof, and you didn't blast her all the way to Canada?"

"A c-cemetary?" I said as she pulled into a parking lot. "I c-can't, I shouldn't even be here."
"Nonsense, Chloe. I certainly hope you aren't afraid of cemetaries."
"Um, no," Tori said. "It's the bodies buried in them that worry her."

"The group realizes you've escaped, but, shockingly, they presume you actually tried to get out of the building. Fortunately, you're nowhere near an exit. Unfortunately..."
"We're nowhere near an exit."

Arvamus: See oli juba masterpiece'i nägu. Very Happy Pool aega olin jumala pinges, lugesin, mis saab... ei suutnud oodata. xD
Täiega hea raamat! Very Happy

Hinne: 10/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/7/2010, 23:08

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Vincent_shift

Nimi:
Shift

Autor: Rachel Vincent

Kuupäev: 24.07.10

Lehekülgede arv: 441

Sisu: TROUBLE IS IN THE AIR...

Being the first female werecat enforcer isn’t easy. Scars accumulate, but I’m stronger in so many ways.

As for my personal life? It’s complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother’s death and my father’s impeachment, it’s all I can do to prevent more blood
from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.

With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option...

Katkendid:

“What is that?” Ed Taylor, Alpha of the Midwest territory, eased forward slowly, as if his curiosity
barely trumped his caution and blatant disgust.
My Alpha stood but didn’t take his gaze from the spectacle. “I believe this is a thunderbird.”
“Greg, it has feet,” Blackwell pointed out evenly, leaning on his cane from several feet away.
“As do you,” my dad said. Several toms chuckled then, and I couldn’t disguise a smile.

“Knives,” my mother added softly. “I have three sets of butcher knives and several boning
knives, all of which should work just as well on live birds as on dead ones.” The only person who
looked more surprised than I felt was Paul Blackwell, who surely realized by then that his appeal
to my mother as the “gentler sex” had fallen on not only deaf, but grief-hardened ears.

“So you understand our need for vengeance.”
“No.” I whirled again and grunted as my left leg hit the bag. “We deal in justice.”
“Justice and vengeance are the same.”
“Now you’re just lying to yourself to validate blood thirst.” I kicked again, and the bag swung
harder. “Justice is for the victim.” Kick. “Vengeance is for the survivor.” Kick. I stopped to steady
the bag again and glanced at the bird now watching me in fascination. “You’re not doing this for
Finn.” I threw a left jab and had to stop myself from following it with a right out of habit. “You’re
doing it for yourselves, and that’s anything but honorable.” Contempt dripped from my voice, and
blood smeared the bag when my knuckles split open with the next punch.

By the time I saw the water tower peeking over the trees to my east, bathed by floodlights, I was
shivering uncontrollably, my teeth were chattering, and my toes, nose and the tips of my fingers
had all gone numb. My pace had slowed to a crawl, and I was minutes from stopping to rub two
sticks together on the chance that I turned out to be a naturally gifted wilderness survivor.

“I’ll go. I’m the lightest.”
“No.” Marc grabbed my arm when I started forward, but let go when I winced from the pain in my
talon-shaped bruises and turned on him with an angry scowl. “What if it collapses?”
I shrugged. “You’ll catch me.”

“Why am I on speakerphone?”
“Because I’m in the tub. I don’t want to drop Jace’s phone in the water.” It was the truth. Just not
the whole truth.
“And you’re in the tub because…?”
“I’ve found they come in handy for keeping oneself clean.” Technically not a lie…

Jace snorted. “You make it sound dirty. It’s a covert operation, not a quickie in a public bathroom
stall.”
I desperately wished he hadn’t said quickie and bathroom in the same sentence.

Marc crossed both arms over his chest. “And if something goes wrong?”
Jace’s jaw tightened. “Plan B. Fight hard and run like hell.”

“I’m fine. What happened to you?” He was bleeding from a four inch gash on the left side of his
rib cage.
“Found another one of Malone’s men in the woods. Fucker had a knife. Now I have his knife.”

We are not having this conversation….
“Sometimes one person has to die to preserve the greater good.”

Marc ignored him. He was busy eyeing me in an intense combination of frustration and fear.
“You keep going places where I can’t protect you.”
I blinked at him in surprise. “Yeah. I do. But I keep coming back.”

“How will he die?” Kaci stood straight and tall, as if steeling herself for unpleasant information.
Information I didn’t want her to have, even if I didn’t know precisely what it was.
“He will be eaten, of course.”

Arvamus:
Okei. Midagi muud pole vist vaja, et millessegi armuda. Very Happy Ühesõnaga - ülihea. Hoidis tooli äärel... Very Happy
Oh, btw, vahepeal olid Jace ja Marc nagu Jacob ja Edward. *häbeneb ise ka seda võrdlust*

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 22:47

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Confessions-of-a-shopaholic

Nimi:
Confessions of a Shopaholic

Autor: Sophie Kinsella

Kuupäev: 25.07.10

Lehekülgede arv: 320

Sisu: Meet Rebecca Bloomwood. She's a journalist. She spends her working life telling others how to manage their money. She spends her leisure time shopping. She knows she should stop, but she can't. She tries Cutting Back, she tries Making More Money. But neither seems to work. Can Becky regain the use of her Switch card?

Katkend:

Pepper is Suze’s horse. She rides him about three times a year, if that, but whenever her parents suggest selling him she gets all hysterical. Apparently he costs £15,000 a year to run. Fifteen thousand pounds.
And what does he do for his money? Just stands in a stable and eats apples. I wouldn’t mind being a horse.

Arvamus: oeh. See raamat ei feili kunagi mind naerma ajamast. Ma naeran nii, et pisarad jooksevad. Vahepeal ma kiljatan ja tõmblen ja peidan silmi... Very Happy
ELL.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime29/7/2010, 22:05

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 9780525951780

Nimi:
Waking the Witch

Kuupäev: 29.07.10

Lehekülgede arv: 336

Sisu: The orphaned daughter of a sorcerer and a half-demon, Savannah is a terrifyingly powerful young witch who has never been able to resist the chance to throw her magical weight around. But at 21 she knows she needs to grow up and prove to her guardians, Paige and Lucas, that she can be a responsible member of their supernatural detective agency. So she jumps at the chance to fly solo, investigating the mysterious deaths of three young women in a nearby factory town as a favour to one of the agency’s associates. At first glance, the murders look garden-variety human, but on closer inspection signs point to otherworldly stakes.

Soon Savannah is in over her head. She’s run off the road and nearly killed, haunted by a mystery stalker, and freaked out when the brother of one of the dead women is murdered when he tries to investigate the crime. To complicate things, something weird is happening to her powers. Pitted against shamans, demons, a voodoo-inflected cult and garden-variety goons, Savannah has to fight to ensure her first case isn’t her last. And she also has to ask for help, perhaps the hardest lesson she’s ever had to learn.

Katkendid:

As she hoisted herself through the window, she avoided the broken glass she’d cut herself on last time.
Grandma had flipped out and taken her to the clinic. Grandma was like that. She worried a lot. After Mom died, Kayla thought Grandma would have less to worry about. No such luck.

It’s just ... Well, I was watching this show on private investigators, about a firm of women hired by other women to test their mate’s loyalty.”
It took me a second to catch her drift. “You want me to try to seduce your boyfriend?”
Her lips pursed. “Certainly not. Just get dolled up, talk to him, flirt with him, and see whether he’ll flirt back.”
“I’m probably half his age. I’d be worried if he didn’t flirt back.”

“What brings you to Portland?” I asked.
“Cases. One that I’m working now and a new one I wanted to run past Lucas. Two birds, one stone. I left him a message, but he hasn’t returned it, which isn’t like him.”
“He’s on vacation with Paige. I confiscated their cell phones and the only messages I’m passing on are well wishes and death notices.”

“What’s the local murder rate?”
“You’re looking at it. This double killing last fall, then the single one ten days ago. Before that, the last homicide was a domestic incident in 1999.”

“So you’re an investigator, too,” I said.
“No, I’m a kid.”

“You got it. The way those girls were killed? Wasn’t about sex. Wasn’t about rage. It was execution, pure and simple.”

“Savannah Levine,” I said, extending a hand.
She held her bloodied hands palms up. “You might not want to do that.”
“I’m washable,” I said.

I consider Jaime a friend, even if she’s over twice my age and I’ve known her since I was a kid. That’s how it is with most of my really good friends. I grew up with these people. I sat backstage at Jaime’s shows. I went to art galleries with Cassandra DuCharme, a four-hundred-year-old vampire. I spent summers with the werewolf Pack—Elena and Clay and Jeremy. It’s a strange way to grow up, but I wouldn’t have traded it for anything.

I went through a repertoire of simple tricks—lights, sparks, fog, all the ones kids love. I’d learned all the ways to keep Elena and Clay’s twins amused when I baby-sat. Now that they’re school age, they want to learn the tricks ... and get royally pissed off when they can’t.

Iknocked. When no one answered, Kayla opened the door.
“Hey, Dorothy! It’s me. Aunt Rose sent some of that peppermint tea you like.”
A wizened old woman with fire-engine-red hair peeked around the corner. Spotting me, she scowled.
“Kayla Thompson, you’re a lying little—”
Kayla held up a bag. “Here’s the tea. Oh, and this is Savannah Levine."

“I know who you are.” Her lips twisted as she got to her feet. “Daughter of Eve Levine and Kristof Nast. Foster daughter of Paige Winterbourne and Lucas Cortez. The golden girl of the supernatural world. Under the protection of two Cabals and the interracial council.”
“Actually, one Cabal. Thomas Nast refuses to recognize me. That’ll change when my brother takes over, but in the meantime, I’ve got the werewolf Pack. For protection, I’ll take them over the Nasts any day.”
“I suppose you think that makes you special.”
“Uh, yeah....”
“Well, it doesn’t. It makes you privileged."

“A guy you were working with died. You found his body. I don’t care if you can handle it yourself. You shouldn’t—Damn it. Hold on.” A rustle as the phone moved. When a fire half-demon gets mad, things get a little warm, including whatever he happens to be holding at the time. Adam goes through a cell phone a year, usually shorting them out when I’m on the other end.

I blinked and wiped my hand over my face. My fingers came back damp. I glanced across the room and saw my reflection in the mirror, hair snarled, mascara running, face streaked with tears.
“Yep, you look like shit,” Adam said. “And I took plenty of pictures, which I will keep until an
appropriate opportunity for blackmail arises.”

I glowered. “I didn’t mean it like that. Just that I keep thinking—”
“—of all the things you could have done differently. And for all you know, you could have invited him in, and he would have gone to that warehouse later anyway. Or you would have gone with him and gotten both of you killed. So the next time you think about letting a guy stay the night, remember that sex probably won’t save his life. Even really good sex.”

Adam jangled the handle on the driver’s side. The metal glowed red hot as he glared at Cody,
desperately cranking the engine.
Adam glanced over at me. I was still winded and gasping, pain throbbing through my stomach. The whites of Adam’s eyes suffused with red. He pressed his fingers to the door metal. Tendons in his neck popped as he concentrated.
The door shimmered, heat pouring from it. Then it disintegrated in a shower of ash. The safety-glass window dropped, hit the door frame, and shattered.
Cody sat there, gaping at the hole where his door should have been. He looked down at the pile of ash and glass below.
“That’s what you get for buying foreign,” Adam said. “Barely need to touch it and it falls apart.”

“Go to sleep, Savannah.”
I walked to his bag and pulled out a T-shirt, then headed for the bathroom.
“Excuse me?” he said.“That’s my shirt?”
“I don’t own pajamas.”
“At least take the one you singed earlier.”
“It’s ugly, remember? I don’t do ugly.”

“EXODUS 22:18!” I blurted, bolting up in bed.
Adam’s eyes snapped open.
“Exodus 2.2.: 18,” I repeated.
He closed his eyes. “If you’re spouting biblical references, I’m definitely dreaming.”

What do you and Tiffany have in common?”
“We’re both young and hot."

We followed her into a hall lined with cheap religious prints. Gospel music boomed from deep in the house. I squinted at a needlepoint hanging on the wall. A Bible verse of some kind, but damned if I could read it—half the stitches were out of place.
“I’ve found Jesus,” Carol said, beaming.
“Huh,” I murmured under my breath. “I didn’t know he was lost.”

“Hey!” the guy yelled, making us both cringe.
Adam wheeled, shushing him.
The man plucked at his jacket sleeve. “You burned my coat.”
Adam frowned. “How would I do that?”
I took the wallet and gave the guy two more twenties.
“No incinerating the homeless,” I whispered as we walked away.

Had he enticed me on this case to kill me and collect a bounty from the Nasts? I’d love to think they hated me that much—somehow it was better to be feared than to be ignored. But if they’d offered a bounty, I would have heard of it. Lucas always knows when there’s one on him.

"Nothing says a killer can’t be a good mama. You know that from experience.”

"I don’t enjoy killing. I just don’t mind it. If no one gets in my way, I’ll be happy to live a
nice, boring, murder-free life."

“Tell Mom it wouldn’t have made a difference. Even if I’d known Leah was free, I’d never have seen her in this until it was too late.”
“I’ll tell her. And she has a message of her own to pass along. She says that what you did was incredibly selfless and brave, and if you’re ever tempted to do anything like that again, remember she’s waiting on the other side to kick your ass for the rest of eternity.”
//
“Your mom’s right,” he finally said, voice gruff. “It was an insanely brave and insanely stupid thing to do, and if you ever consider it again, remember I’m on this side, and if you survive, I’ll kick your ass for the next fifty years, okay?”

Arvamus: Oh issand.
*võtab aega seedimiseks*
See oli... WOW.
Aga ma TEADSIN, et triloogiast head nahka ei tule. Nüüd ma suren Spellbound'ini.
Alguses oli igavavõitu. Kuid nüüd, mil juhtunu sügavama tähenduse omandas, leian ma, et raamat võib DSMi ja Bitteni vääriline olla.
Oh issand.
Mis ma teen Spellbound'ini???? Järgmise juulini! Aasta!
Cliffhanger.
Totaalne nagu. Selliseid üllatusi pole armstrong veel enne lauale ladunud.
Savannah on äge. xD

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime3/8/2010, 01:45

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 0451216954

Nimi:
Dark Lover

Autor:
J. R. Ward

Lehekülgede arv: 480

Kuupäev: 03.08.10

Sisu:
Wrath's Story

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There also exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Among them, none relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood...
The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed- orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate - Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead…

Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasn't there before, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her. But his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both…

Katkend:
But then, in a high, keening call, one voice broke out, lifting above the others, shooting higher and higher.
The sound of the tenor was so clear, so pure, it brought shivers to the skin, a yearning warmth to the chest. The sweet notes blew the ceiling off with their glory, turning the chamber into a cathedral, the brothers into a tabernacle.
Bringing the very heavens close enough to touch.
It was Zsadist.
His eyes closed, his head back, his mouth wide open, he sang.
The scarred one, the soulless one, had the voice of an angel.

Arvamus: Alla ootuste. Nii vähe tegevust. Kuidagi... tuim. Kirjutamine hea, lugu hea... kuid selles oli nii palju mõttetut. Ma oleksin rohkem sügavust oodanud. Pinnapealseks jäi. Ei näe selles erilist armastuslugu.
Lõpus, kus asja nö kliimaks pidi olema, toimus asi nii kiiresti, et ma ei jõudnud isegi närvi minna. Very Happy Juba oli kõik korras jälle. Very Happy
Vampiiride kujutamine täiesti uuele tasemele viidud jälle. Aint et ma ei tea, kaua ma neid uusi vaatenurki talun.
ANDKE MEILE DRACULA TAGASI! Very Happy

Hinne: 7/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/8/2010, 22:13

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 11590706-3

Nimi:
The Turning

Autor:
Jennifer Armintrout

Kuupäev: 04.08.10

Lehekülgede arv: 400

Sisu: I'm no coward. I want to make that perfectly clear. But after my life turned into a horror movie, I take fear a lot more seriously now. I finally became Dr. Carrie Ames just eight months ago. Then I was attacked in the hospital morgue by a vampire. Just my luck.
So now I'm a vampire, and it turns out I have a blood tie to the monster who sired me. The tie works like an invisible leash and I'm bound to him no matter what I do. And of course he's one of the most evil vampires on earth. With my sire hell-bent on turning me into a soulless killer and his sworn enemy set to exterminate me, things couldn't get much worse -- except I'm attracted to them both.
Drinking blood, living as an immortal demon and being a pawn between two warring vampire factions isn't exactly how I'd imagined my future. But as my father used to say, the only way to conquer fear is to face it. So that's what I'll do. Fangs bared.

Katkendid:

My heart pounded and my legs tensed in anticipation of running. I took a step back. “You’d really kill me, wouldn’t you?”
“Yes.” He looked away, then sank onto the couch. “It’s nothing personal. But I don’t know you well enough to tell whether you’re going to play loyal fledgling to Cyrus or not. You seem like a nice girl, but I’m not willing to take that chance.”
“Nothing personal.” I laughed bitterly in disbelief. “You know, it is personal. When I get lured into a trap and almost get decapitated, it’s personal. When some guy I just met tells me he’s going to kill me, it’s personal. Because it’s my life. You’re out of your mind if you think I’m going down without a fight.”

“Hanging out,” Ziggy said, answering Nathan’s first question with a shrug. “I slept in the van and went to class this morning. I’m just here to donate, then I’ve got an art history night class. So, what’s up with her? Is she like, your new girl or something?”
“New girl? What happened to the old one?” I asked Nathan, raising an eyebrow.

From his perversely satisfied tone, I gathered it wasn’t good, clean, car-bingo-type fun he spoke of.
“I’m not interested. And speaking of fire, burning down my apartment isn’t exactly the way to a girl’s heart.”
“No,” he agreed with a frown, closing the distance between us. “I find the more effective route is directly through the rib cage.”

“Feel like a drink? A real one, this time?”
“I could definitely use one.” I followed him to the living room where he ordered me to sit.
He pulled a large book from one of the shelves and opened it. It was hollow, the pages carved out to form a niche for a gleaming metal flask.
“Here I thought you were a bookworm, and you’re really just an alcoholic.” I yawned.

He drew away, leaving me panting and flushed while he was as unaffected as someone who’d just received a dental exam. But when he lifted his hand to brush back a strand of his long, nearly white hair, his hands shook. “Believe that all you want, Carrie. But when you needed help, you didn’t call the Movement first. I wasn’t a last resort. I was a choice.”

“I want to keep him.”
Cyrus arched an eyebrow. “Keep him?”
“As a pet. He was my first victim. I want a souvenir.”

Groaning in frustration, I went to the window. I’d have to close the curtains against the sunlight soon, but in this faint predawn, my gaze fell on something I hadn’t noticed before. A slight gap in the ivy-covered rock wall that surrounded the property. A gate. There were no guards.
I wanted to run downstairs and check it out immediately, but bursting into flames didn’t seem like the best way to start the day.

“You know what? Go ahead and come along. If you get killed, it’s your fault, not mine. I don’t give a damn anymore.” He stood and stalked off, slamming the door behind him.
“Forget that D.C. thing. I want to go with them,” Max said, waving his hand furiously in the air.

It was another copy of The Sanguinarius. This copy was a little more beaten up than the previous one.
Nathan frowned and headed to the storeroom. “Near mint my ass! Bluebird45 is getting some seriously bad feedback.”
“You bought this on eBay?” I flipped to a random page and started reading. “Man, you really can get anything on there.”

Some things aren’t good or evil. Some things just…are.

Arvamus:
Mitte "OMFG kui kuramuse hea!" raamat. Kuid hea raamat. Vähemalt Dark Lover'i kõrval.
Aga kaua ma neist vampiiridest loen?! Kas seal midagi muud enam polegi????

Hinne: 9/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/8/2010, 01:15

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 The+Magicians+Guild

Nimi:
The Magician's Guild

Autor: Trudi Canavan

Kuupäev: 07.08.10

Lehekülgede arv: 469

Sisu:
The old magician paused. ‘If this young woman is a natural, we should expect her to be more powerful than our average novice, possibly even more powerful than the average magician.’

Each year, the magicians of Imardin gather together to purge the city streets of vagrants and miscreants. Masters of the disciplines of magic, they know that no ordinary lowlife can oppose them. But their protective shield is not as imprenetrable as they think.

Sonea, angry, frustrated and outraged by the treatment of her family and friends, throws a stone at the shield, putting all her rage behind it. She is amazed when it sails unrestricted through the barrier and knocks a magician unconscious.

The Guild’s worst fear has been realised. There is an untrained magician loose in Imardin who must be found before her uncontrolled powers can destroy herself and the city.

Katkendid:

Cery leaned forward. "Do you think you could to it again?"
Sonea stared at him. "Again?"
"Not the same thing, of course. We couldn't have you throwing stones at magicians - they don't seem to like it much."

Though Rothen had seen Dannyl's rooms many times, he always found it strange encountering an alchemy experiment set up in living quarters. Space in the University was limited so those few magicians who wanted to pursue interests like Dannyl's often used their own rooms.
Rothen sighed. "It's easy to see why Ezrille despairs of finding you a wife, Dannyl."
As always, his friend grimaced. "I'm too young to have a wife."
"Nonsense," Rothen replied. "You just don't have space for one."

He turned to regard Cery. "I apologise on the behalf od the Guild for your treatment."
Cery smiled and waved a hand dismissively. "Get me my stuff back, and I'll forget about it."
Rothen frowned. "What are you missing?"
"Two daggers, a few knives, and my tools."
"Tools?" Rothen echoed.
"Picks."
Rothen lifted an eyebrow at Sonea. "He's not joking, is he?"

Arvamus: Nagu Võlurite gild alati - SUPER! Very Happy Algust mulle küll ei meeldi lugeda nii sada korda, kuid... sellegipoolest hea! Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/8/2010, 01:30

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 0553588206.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SL200_

Nimi:
Personal Demon

Kuupäev: 18.08.10

Lehekülgede arv: 523

Sisu:
Half-demon tabloid reporter Hope Adams has a secret. Like full demons, she loves chaos. She thrives on it. She needs it.

Most of the time, Hope feeds the hunger by helping the interracial council. But it’s never enough. So when Benicio Cortez offers her a job infiltrating a gang of young supernaturals, she thinks she’s found the perfect solution. Instead, she finds a tinderbox of greed, desire and ambition. And when it ignites, a world is going to explode.

Katkendid:

"Time to go," I heard Elena say. "Parent and tot swimming starts this morning, remember?"
Clay let out an obscenity.
"Is that a no?"
"That's a 'why the hell can't we just buy a pool'?"

"You're right, Dad," he said. "I'm not all you have left. But I can fix that."
With his free hand, he grabbed my hair and yanked my head back, letting our father watch as I wheezed and gasped.
"Do you know how easy it is to kill someone like this? How fast can I do it? Faster than you can cast a spell. But don't take my word for it, Dad. Give it a shot."
"Carlos, let him go. He only wanted to help. Let him go and we'll talk."
Carlos laughed. "Woo-hoo. Listen to that. Who wants to play 'voice and reason' now? What's wrong, Dad?" His arm tightened so fast I gasped, eyes bulging. "Am I making you nervous? You should see your face, Papa. Sure, you'll grieve for Hector and William, but this-" He heaved me backward. "This one would hurt."
"If you-"
"Oh, that's the way. Threaten me. Come on, Papa. Tell me what horrible things you'll do to me if I hurt your baby boy. You say I don't pull my weight around here? At least I show up. This one spends his working hours trying to destroy us. He moves clear across the country to get away from you. Marries a witch. Adopts a Nast. You build him an office and he uses his trust fund to buy it from you. Sets up shop fighting Cabals with your money. Anything to screw you over. But you keep chasing him, like a pathetic SOB who wants the one piece of tail that can't reen away fast enough."

Arvamus:
See viimane katkend on minu meelest üks kõige võimsamatest kohtadest Kelley raamatutes üldse (kui tausta teada).
Mulle meeldib Hope (ja tänu temale hakkas meeldima ka Karl). Ja PD on endiselt üks mu lemmikutest.
Esimest korda lugedes suutis mu meeleheite äärele ajada. Ja mul on kahju, et ma ei saanud asju uuesti newbie pilguga lugeda. Kõik pöörded teada... Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 22:17

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 The-undomestic-goddess

Nimi:
The Undomestic Goddess

Lehekülgede arv: 401

Kuupäev: 05.09.10

Sisu: Workaholic attorney Samantha Sweeting has just done the unthinkable. She's made a mistake so huge, it'll wreck any chance of a partnership. Going into utter meltdown, she walks out of her London office, gets on a train, and ends up in the middle of nowhere. Asking for directions at a big, beautiful house, she's mistaken for an interviewee and finds herself being offered a job as housekeeper. Her employers have no idea they've hired a lawyer--and Samantha has no idea how to work the oven. She can't sew on a button, bake a potato, or get the #@%# ironing board to open. How she takes a deep breath and begins to cope--and finds love--is a story as delicious as the bread she learns to bake. But will her old life ever catch up with her? And if it does...will she want it back?

Katkend:

Experimentally I lean toward my reflection, holding out my hands as I do so.
I look like Jesus.
I try adding a flirty laugh. "Ha ha ha!" I exclaim aloud. "You just carck me up!"
Now I look like a cheerful Jesus.
I'm really not sure this is adding to my chances.

Arvamus: Mm... väga palju ei naernud. Ja mis Kinsella raamatuid tavapärasest eristab, ongi naer. Seega... on paremaidki. Erilisi tundeid ei tekitanud.

Hinne:
5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 22:29

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Tales-Canadian-cover

Nimi:
Tales of the Otherworld

Lehekülgede arv: 547

Kuupäev: 09.09.10

Sisu: Have you ever wondered how lone wolf Clayton Danvers finally got bitten by the last thing he ever expected: love? Or how the hot-blooded bad-girl witch Eve Levine managed to ensnare the cold, ruthless corporate sorcerer, Kristof Nast in one of the Otherworld’s most unlikely pairings? Would you like to be a fly on the wall at the wedding of Lucas Cortez and Paige Winterbourne, as their eminently practical plans are gradually upended by their well-meaning friends? Or tag along with Lucas and Paige as they investigate a rather gruesome case that looks to be the result of a rogue vampire?

Now, Otherworld readers can share these moments with some of their favorite characters—as well as catching welcome glimpses into the minds of some of the lesser-known players. But even readers new to the Otherworld universe will find much to love in these seven tales of friendship, adventure, and enduring romance.

Anthology contains: Birthright, Beginnings, Ghosts, Expectations, Wedding Bell Hell, The Case of El Chupacabra and a new story narrated by Eve.

Katkendid:

"Why don't we make Nick sleep in? I'll make breakfast." I turned to Logan. "Come and give me a hand."
He groaned.
"Fine. I'll go bug Nick and Jeremy can make breakfast-"
Logan leapt up. "I'll start the bacon."
"Good. I'll take the eggs and toast."
"And I'll try not to take it personally," jeremy said.
"Nah, it's not about you," I said, grinning as I skueezed past him. "It's about me. I'm hungry and I want food I can eat."

Paige rang the bell on Cassandra's condo. We waited two minutes, then Paige turned and started down the steps.
"We called, we came, we made every effort-" she began.
The door opened.
"Damn," she muttered. "So close."

"Christ, that echo's bad. You got me on speakerphone, Cass? Lots of great inventions in the last century, but that's not one of them."

"What are you driving at, woman? Suicide by cabal?"
She pursed her lips. "I hadn't considered that."
"Well, don't. I'd find a sharp wire and decapitate myself before I'd let a Cabal do the job for me."
"Given this some thought, I see," she said.
He met her gaze. "Haven't we all?"
"No," she murmured.

He related the story of how the night before, in a bar, he'd stumbled upon an exsanguinated corpse with fang makr son his neck.
"Some vampire's getting sloppy," Savannah said. "Bet it's Cass. Getting senile in her old age and forgetting where she left her dinner."

Arvamus: Mulle täitsa meeldis. Taustainfi jälle.
Kõik on Eve'i ja Kristofi loost vaimustuses... noh, Beginnings still beats Bewitched.
The Case of El Chupacabra oli hea. Nagu miniraamat või miski.
Ja Cass vajab rohkem spotlighti. Liiga omapärane tegelane.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 22:34

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Sophie-kinsella-mini-shopaholic2

Nimi:
Mini Shopaholic

Lehekülgede arv: 432

Kuupäev: 12.09.10

Sisu: Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) thought motherhood would be a breeze – but it’s trickier than she thought. Two-year-old Minnie is a little tearaway who has created havoc everywhere from Harrods to Harvey Nicks to her own christening. She hires taxis at random, her favourite word is ‘Mine’, and she already has a penchant for Balenciaga bags. Becky is at her wits’ end.

On top of this, she and Luke are still living with her Mum and Dad, there’s a big financial crisis so everyone’s having to Cut Back – including all her personal shopping clients – and her husband Luke is feeling low after the death of his beloved stepmother. To cheer Luke up, Becky decides to throw him a surprise birthday party – on a budget – and that’s when things become really complicated. As Becky tries to keep the arrangements secret, misunderstandings and excuses sprout everywhere, and soon she’s told so many fibs she can’t keep track of them. Will Becky pull off the surprise? Will Minnie give everything away? Will Minnie’s godparents ever stop arguing? Who will end up on the naughty step and who will get a gold star? And what will happen when Becky discovers Luke is keeping a big secret too?

Katkend:

Tarkie looks totally at sea, and Suze gives a gurgle of laughter.
"Bex, I didn't give him a tux. I gave him a tup. An uncastrated sheep."
An uncastrated sheep? What kind of Christmas present is that?

Arvamus: Aeh. Long-awaited new shopaholic book.
Algus oli hea. Ajas naerma ja tore oli Minniet tundma õppida ja kõike. Isegi paar sellist hetke oli, kus karjatasin ja kätega silmad katsin ja siis sõrmedevahelisest pilust edasi lugesin. Very Happy
Aga kui õnnelik lõpp saabus... ma ei tea. Ei olnud sellist "Jess! Ära tegid!" tunnet sees. Vbl ei oldud piisavalt pruvitud, vbl hakkan välja kasvama.
Lõpp oli alla ootuste.
Kuid siiski hea raamat. :)

Hinne: 7,5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 22:38

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Raamatu-anna-karenina-esikaas

Nimi:
Anna Karenina I

Autor: Lev Tolstoi

Lehekülgede arv:

Kuupäev:

Sisu: Abielunaise keelatud suhtest teise mehega jpm.

Arvamus: Mm... Alguses olin vaimustuses. Arvan praegugi tglt, et väga hea raamat, kuid...
Annast ja Vronskist on juttu vaid 1/3 raamatust. Me näeme nende verstaposte, kuid mitte seda, kuidas nad nendeni jõuavad. Vahepeal elame kaasa kõikidele tistele tegelastele ja raamat on nagu tõeline kunstiteos, aga...
"Anna Karenina" on ilus pealkiri raamatule, kuid on see kõige sobivam....?

Hinne: 9/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 22:47

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Raamatu-anna-karenina-esikaas

Nimi:
Anna Karenina II

Autor: Lev Tolstoi

Lehekülgede arv:

Kuupäev: 23.09.10

Sisu:
Abielunaise keelatud suhe teise mehega jpm.

Arvamus:
Mind häirib nii meeletult, et Anna Karenina on raamatu pealkiri, aga ta ei mõju raamatu peategelasena. Tema ja Vronski armastus... Nendest oli nii vähe juttu. Sa tead, et nad üksteist armastavad, aga sa ei tunne seda nagu näiteks Keyesi raamatutes, kus tegelasega tema sisemise teekonna kaasa teed.
Vronski ja Anna suhte pöördelistest hetkedest oli üle mindud. Ei mingeid... ma ei tea. Isegi Ani sündi ei kirjeldatud. Hiljem sai küll läbi raskuste aimu, et Annal oli tütrest suva, aga mul pole õrna aimugi, mida tundis Vronski, kuigi tütre äraandmine andis aimu, kuid see oli ju tema ja tema armastatud Anna tütar! Eeldasin, et ta Rhetti tüüpi!
Ja kuigi me teame, mis toimus lõpu poole Anna hinges, pole meil õrna aimugi, mis toimus Vronski omas. Mis tema arust toimus jms. Oli aru saada, et ta oli pärast Anna surma endast väljas, kuid MIIIISSSS???
Suur armastuslugu. Aga seda pole tunda. Esimeste lehekülgede võlu kadus kiiresti. Ma tundsin sädet, meeldimist ja... BOOM. Otsas.
Muidugi oli tore lugeda teistest ja mulle isegi meeldis Levin. Aga kuidas on see raamat Annast?
Pettunud olen.
Aga mulle meeldis, et Annal "Oh fuck, what the hell am I doing" moment oli. Aga mulle ei meeldinud, et ta end üldse ära tappis, kuigi ta sel hetkel just kõige kainemas olekus polnud. Aga nagu... kus see oli... My Sassy Girl'is see tüdruk ütles, et enesetapp kättemaksuks ei anna sulle midagi. Teine saab üle, elab edasi ja sina oled lihtsalt surnud.
Vbl rahuldas Tolstoi kirjanikuna seda teost luues iseennast, kuid mind ta küll ei rahuldanud.
Okei. Rääkis neist vähe. Saan aru. Kui vahepeal oleks ainult tilu-lilu, ei viiks see teose tegevustikku edasi. Aga tilu-lilu oli ju vaid Itaalias ja isegi siis ei olnud kõik muinasjutuline.
Oeh. Very Happy

Hinne: 8/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime11/10/2010, 08:25

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Lahvatableek

Nimi:
Lahvatab leek

Autor: Suzanne Collins

Lehekülgede arv: 320

Kuupäev:

Sisu: Kõigile raskustele vaatamata võitis Katniss Näljamängud. Tema ja Peeta on imekombel ikka veel elus. Katniss peaks tundma kergendust ja olema õnnelik, sest lõpuks on ta ju naasnud oma perekonna ja vana sõbra Gale’i juurde. Ometi ei laabu miski nii, nagu Katniss sooviks. Gale hoiab temast eemale. Peeta on talle täielikult selja pööranud. Ja lisaks levivad kuuldused ülestõusust Kapitooliumi vastu – ülestõusust, mille alustamisele võisid Katniss ja Peeta kaasa aidata.

Eneselegi ootamatult on Katniss süüdanud leegi, mida ta kardetavasti lämmatada ei suuda ... ja võib-olla ei tahagi. Selleks ajaks, kui Katniss ja Peeta peavad suunduma Kapitooliumi julmale võidutuurile Panemi ringkondades, on panused kõrgemad kui kunagi varem. Katnissil ja Peetal tuleb ühegi kahtlusevarjuta tõestada, et nad on endiselt teineteisesse kõrvuni armunu, vastasel juhul on tagajärjed kohutavad.

Katkend:

Ta naeratab natukene, aga ülakeha musklid on ootusärevalt pingul. "Sa oskad ujuda ka," ütleb ta. "Kus sa seda 12. ringkonnas õppisid?"
"Meil on suur vann," vastan.

Arvamus
: Mm... Hea raamat oli. Mulle meeldib taolistes raamatutes ikka see külm loogika ja ükskõikne jõhkrus, millega tegelased end vee peal hoiavad.
Ja ai kurat, kui see Katniss Peetasse ära armus...
Aga ootan kolmanda raamatu tõlke ära. Ei raatsi hetkel 3ndale raamatule raha kulutada ja arvutist lugemiseks pole ma pisavalt meeleheitel. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime11/10/2010, 08:35

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Stray-rachel-vincent-paperback-cover-art

Nimi:
Stray

Kuupäev: 29.09.10

Lehekülgede arv: 618

Sisu: I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.

Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back... for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever and whoever--I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays--'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them...

Katkendid:

I raised ny eyebrows, thrilled by that little tidbit of information. "So you're our keeper? How does one find a job like that? Answer an add in the classifieds? 'Wanted - werecat with a small brain and even smaller heart.' Do you get benefits? Dental, maybe? 'Cause you're going to need it when I break off every tooth in your mouth."

Marc knelt in front of me, his arms on my knees. "Tell me you love me." His grin was irritatingly smug and cryptic.
I watched him through narrowed eyes, not bothering to hide suspicion. "Why?"
"Because it's true."

"You're really lucky I didn't kick your face in. What took you so fucking long? If you guys are going to hang around without permission, you might as well make yourselves useful when I'm in mortal peril. That is what daddy is paying you for."
"You handled yourself fine."
"Like you'd know. I bet he was halfway to his car by the time you got here."
"Only a quarter of the way," Marc said, grinning. "Anyway, I was the one in real danger. I got cornered by a pack of wild sorority sisters in the wood court. Apparently it's mating season."

Arvamus: Enne "Alpha" kättesaamist loen jälle läbi need raamatud. Very Happy
Kahjuks see, et paljutki teadsin juba, tähendas seda, et ma enam pidevalt tooli äärel ei olnud omadega.
Kuid ega raamatu kvaliteet sellest enam ei kannata. Very Happy Sest sain lugeda ilma selleta, et väike hääl mu kuklas BITTEN! BITTEN! röögiks. Very Happy

Hinne:
10/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime11/10/2010, 16:35

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Rogue-LOW

Nimi:
Rogue

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet.

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on and off duty.

But not all my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected with a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear...

Katkendid:

"It's the truth." I fought the need to pull my feet up onto the couch and curl into a protective ball. "You taught me to tell the truth, to take pride in doing the right thing, even when it's hard. And now you want me to lie, because it's easier?"
"I want you to save yourself, whatever it takes!" He dropped to his knees on the floor in front of me, taking my wrists in his hands. He stared into my eyes from inches away, pleading me to listen. To understand. "We're talking about your life, Faythe. Our future. Not who lost the croquet ball, or who broke the antique vase. You're not eight anymore, so don't throw your damned honor in my face. What good is honor when you're dead?"
I swallowed thickly. "What good is the truth, if you only use it when it doesn't matter?"

"Well, it's too late for regrets now," Marc said, his arms spread to either side of his torso. "In case you donät remember, since you seem to think you're above council laws, creating a stray is a capital crime. The council's going to want your life for this. And they're going to want me to bring it to them. So you tell me how the fuck I'm supposed ti deal with that."

"Why aren't you asleep, anyway?"
"The sound of my stomach growling kept me awake."
My teeth grounf together as I rinsed the can in the sink. "Try sleeping through the sound of your cousin crying herself to sleep after being raped."

Arvamus:
Oeh. hea raamat(usari). Kuigi jah, mida edasi, seda tõsisemaks see krempel muutub.
Ja masendav on mõelda, et selle raamatusarja puhul pole kindel isegi see, et Faythe is ellu jääb.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/10/2010, 21:43

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 RachelVincent_Pride

Nimi:
Pride

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 425

Sisu:
Here's hoping cats do have nine lives...

I’m on trial for my life. Accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend—and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride—along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human.

I’m two for three. A goner.

Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him. With my lover Marc's help, I think I can protect the vulnerable tabby from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council. If I survive my own trial…

Katkendid:

The kitchen screen door squealed open behind me. "What happened?" Marc demanded as it thumped shut.
"Short version?" Jace headed for the coffeepot as Marc crossed the room toward me. "Brett got mauled by a stray. Colin wouldn't help, so Faythe knocked him out and killed the stray. With a meat mallet."

"How would you say he came by his wound?"
I rolled my eyes at Malone's phrasing, but Dr. Carver looked like he wanted to smile. "I would say someone shoved a railroad spike into his neck. In fact, it was still lodged there when I examined him."

Malone rolled his eyes. "Dr. Carver, we are interested in actual evidence here."
"Only because you don't have it," the doctor snapped.

"Well, I have to give you credit for creativity, at least." Michael ran one hand over his face, as if trying to rub the feeling back into his features. "I can't remember anyone ever passing out to avoid scolding before."

My father frowned at me, seemingly at loss for what to say in the face of such chaos, and that very concept sent me into a tailspin of panic. I didnät know how to function in a world where my father was speechless and Marc was absent.

Arvamus: Oeh. heaheahea. Kaci on äge. Very Happy ma ei tea, kas mulle meeldib rohkem tema v Manx... Very Happy
Malone on***.
Vot. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/10/2010, 12:17

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Rachel+Vincent+-+Shift+(5)

Nimi:
Shift

Kuupäev: 24.10.10

Lehekülgede arv: 441

Sisu: TROUBLE IS IN THE AIR...

Being the first female werecat enforcer isn’t easy. Scars accumulate, but I’m stronger in so many ways.

As for my personal life? It’s complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother’s death and my father’s impeachment, it’s all I can do to prevent more blood
from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.

With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option...

Katkendid:

"What could thunderbirds want with us?" I wondered aloud, as Vic and Parker appeared from around the barn, one carrying a large black bundle.
"We'll find out when Big Bird wakes up," Marc said.
My father shook his head. "We'll find out now. Wake him up and make him sing."

"And their word is their law. Literally. Kai refuses to break a vow from his Flight, or even contradict it. Even if we convince him that we're innocent."
"So they're honorable murderers?"

"If you are any wiser than the base creatures you lead, I advise you to surrender now." Beck's voice was only marginally lower and more tolerable than his girlfriend's. Or wife's. Or whatever. "Your men will die quickly - you have my word."
Was that supposed to be a mercy?

"Sew while you yell."

Jace snorted. "You make it sound dirty. It's a covert operation, not a quickie in a public bathroom stall."
I desperately wished he hadn't used quickie and bathroom in the same sentence.

He chuckled, and his voice went deep and wistful. "You're amazing, Faythe."
I turned my head just enough that I could peer up at him. "Says the man about to walk into lion's den armed with nothing but hope."
"And faith."

Arvamus: JACE VÕI MARC, JACE VÕI MARC, JACE VÕI MARC???? Aeh!
Ma kardan, et Jace... kuigi see, kui Marc'i süda murdub, murrab ka minu südame.
Aga Shift on siiani parim raamat. Very Happy Eks varsti näis, kuda Alpha välja kukub.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime27/10/2010, 11:56

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 663

Nimi:
harry Potter ja Fööniksi ordu

Autor:
J. K. Rowling

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: Harryt ootab ees viies kooliaasta. Ta teab, et Voldemort on tagasi tulnud ja kardab, et kohe algavad tema hirmuteod. Esialgu aga ei ole sõnagi ähvardavast ohust ei “Päevaprohvetis”, mida Hedwig talle toob ega ka mugude uudistes, mida ta üritab onu Vernoni ja tädi Petunia telerist vaadata. Teadmatus muutub väljakannatamatuks, sest ka Roni ja Hermione kirjad on vihaleajavalt tühjad. Harry on valmis juba onu ja tädi majast põgenema, kuid siis satub ta mugude turvalisel tänaval vastamisi dementoritega ja ootamatud sündmused haaravad teda järjekordselt kaasa…

Katkendid:

"Ma... ei... tohi... näha... välja... nagu... Paaviani... pepu."

"Ma ei usu seda! Ma ei usu seda! Oi, Ron, küll on tore! Prefekt! Nüüd on siis kõik meie peres prefektid!"
"Kas siis mina ja Fred oleme naabrid või?" küsis George nördinult.

"Tema sõbrad kutsuvad teda Cornelius "Põlvlasepurustaja" Fudge'iks. Kuuleksite te vaid - kui ta arvab, et keegi ei kuule, oi, ta räägib kogu aeg härjapõlvlastest, kellele ta otsa peale on teinud; ta on lasknud neid uputada, ta on lasknud neid majakatustelt alla visata, ta on lasknud neid mügitada, ta on lasknud neid piruka sees ära küpsetada..."

Siis pööras ta natukene nägu, et peekrist rüübata, ning Harry tundis vapustatult ära kahkja kärnkonnanäo ja pungis ja kottis silmad.
"See on see Umbridge'i moor!"
"Kes?" küsis Hermione.
"Ta oli minu ärakuulamisel, töötab Fudge'i juures!"
"Kena kampsik," pilkas Ron.

Arvamus:
Potter, Potter, küll sa oled totter... Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime27/10/2010, 12:04

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Frontcover%20(final)

Nimi:
Alpha

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu:

YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE FAYTHE…

The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc, and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder, and treason. Yeah, we’ve been busy. But now it’s time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother’s death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.

It’s not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I’m heading for a final showdown that can—that will—change everything forever.

Katkendid:

"Of course. That's why the only advice I can give you is this..." He sat up straight and twisted on the log to face me, his gaze boring into mine. "Don't confuse the issue by trying to figure out who loves you the most or who needs you the most. In the end, it only comes down to one thing: choosing the one you can't live without."

And that was the death of my idealism.

"Are you suggesting that one of the council's force members canät remain impartial and in control of his temper?"
"I'm flat out saying it!"

Malone frowned, but he made no comment. "Milo?"
Milo Mitchell sent me a withering glance of contempt. "I refuse to recognize Faythe Sanders as an Alpha. Hell, I ought to refuse to recognize her as tabby, for shirking her real duty for so long."

"We can't fight bullets." But we could rip off the hands holding the gun."

"It's a war, not a fucking dinner banquet!"

Arvamus:
Oeh... läbi.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2010, 19:43

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 SuccubusBlues_Novel

Nimi:
Succubus Blues

Autor: Richelle Mead

Kuupäev: 30.10.10

Lehekülgede arv: 360

Sisu: Succubus (n) - An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men.

Pathetic (adj.) - A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid.

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants. The wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid’s life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven’t stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess get-up complete with whip and wings. And she can’t have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy’s life. At least there’s her day job at a local bookstore—free books, all the white chocolate mochas she can drink, and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can’t.

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle’s demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won’t help because Georgina’s about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny…

Katkendid:

Peter scowled. "You are the most uncharming succubus I've ever met."

Neither of us would openly admit our age, so we'd never really determined who had the most centuries. One night, after a bottle of tequila, we'd started playing "Do you remember..." sort of game. We'd only gotten back as far as the Industrial Revolution before passing out.

I doubted Hugh would fully grasp the situation, but he would at least assume something wasn't right. As I had noted in the past, one couldn't live as long as an immortal did and be stupid.

Arvamus: Mm... Kuigi algus ropult venis... (lugemine, mitte sisu) ma vist julgen öelda, et tegu on hea raamatuga. Very Happy Georgina on väga huvitav tegelane. Wink
Eks loen järjed ka vaikselt läbi, kui ma oma küüned neile taha saan. Very Happy

Hinne:
8/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/11/2010, 21:56

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 577

Nimi:
Mäeküla Piimamees

Autor: Eduard Vilde

Kuupäev: 8.11.10

Lehekülgede arv: 204

Arvamus: Hmpf.

Hinne: 1/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/11/2010, 21:59

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 FALLEN+lauren+kate

Nimi:
Fallen

Autor: Lauren Kate

Kuupäev: 9.11.10

Lehekülgede arv: 452

Sisu: There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Arvamus:
Kuulasin, sestap väljavõtteid pole.
Mõnus vahepala. Very Happy Kuigi sisu... juba kusagil pooleldi kohatud. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime26/12/2010, 22:22

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 The_picture_of_dorian_gray-oscar_wilde

Nimi:
Picture of Dorian Gray

Autor: Oscar Wilde

Lehekülgede arv: 304

Kuupäev:

Sisu:

Enthralled by his own exquisite portrait, Dorian Gray exchanges his soul for eternal youth and beauty. Influenced by his friend Lord Henry Wotton, he is drawn into a corrupt double life; indulging his desires in secret while remaining a gentleman in the eyes of polite society. Only his portrait bears the traces of his decadence. The novel was a success de scandale and the book was later used as evidence against Wilde at the Old Bailey in 1895. It has lost none of its power to fascinate and disturb.

Arvamus: Noh... jah. Huvitav raamat. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
Sponsored content

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)   <<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Tagasi üles Go down

<<2010>> (Warning: Spoilers unleashed.)
Tagasi üles 
Lehekülg 3, lehekülgi kokku 4Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next