Go down 
Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AutorTeade
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

Female Postituste arv : 5899

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/5/2012, 20:04

<<2012>> - Page 2 0509-9780778325642-bigw

Nimi:
Storm Glass

Autor: Maria V Snyder

Kuupäev: 06.05.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 505

Sisu:
Untrained. Untested. Unleashed.

With her unique magical abilities, Opal has always felt unsure of her place at Sitia’s magic academy. But when the Stormdancer clan needs help, Opal’s knowledge makes her the perfect choice—until the mission goes awry. Pulling her powers in unfamiliar directions, Opal finds herself tapping into a new kind of magic as stunningly potent as it is frightening. Now Opal must deal with plotters out to destroy the Stormdancer clan, as well as a traitor in their midst. With danger and deception rising around her, will Opal’s untested abilities destroy her—or save them all?

Katkendid:

“There is a reason for everything. You might not be able to figure it out, and time might have made us all forget it, but the reason is there all the same.”

"Submit or I will hurt you." He snarled, showing his teeth.
I had done the willing victim routine before. Last time the order had been to go-with-Alea-or-my-sister-would-be-killed threat. Mi sister died anyway. Lesson learned. "No."

Arvamus: Päris hea! Ulrick on nõme, Kade meeldib, aga miks mulle enim Blue Eyes meeldib?! Ta on jubejube tegelane.
Huvitav.

Hinne: 9/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/5/2012, 20:08

<<2012>> - Page 2 89b39b5663b637df7e6622e1e10b7987

Nimi:
City of Lost Souls

Autor: Cassandra Clare

Kuupäev: 9.05.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 540

Sisu: The demon Lilith has been destroyed and Jace has been freed from her captivity. But when the Shadowhunters arrive to rescue him, they find only blood and broken glass. Not only is the boy Clary loves missing–but so is the boy she hates, Sebastian, the son of her father Valentine: a son determined to succeed where their father failed, and bring the Shadowhunters to their knees.

No magic the Clave can summon can locate either boy, but Jace cannot stay away—not from Clary. When they meet again Clary discovers the horror Lilith’s dying magic has wrought—Jace is no longer the boy she loved. He and Sebastian are now bound to each other, and Jace has become what he most feared: a true servant of Valentine’s evil. The Clave is determined to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. Will the Shadowhunters hesitate to kill one of their own?

Only a small band of Clary and Jace’s friends and family believe that Jace can still be saved — and that the fate of the Shadowhunters’ future may hinge on that salvation. They must defy the Clave and strike out on their own. Alec, Magnus, Simon and Isabelle must work together to save Jace: bargaining with the sinister Faerie Queen, contemplating deals with demons, and turning at last to the Iron Sisters, the reclusive and merciless weapons makers for the Shadowhunters, who tell them that no weapon on this earth can sever the bond between Sebastian and Jace. Their only chance of cutting Jace free is to challenge Heaven and Hell — a risk that could claim any, or all, of their lives.

And they must do it without Clary. For Clary has gone into the heart of darkness, to play a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing the game is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she even still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love?

Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

Katkendid:

“I’ve noticed the Fair Folk often say ‘perhaps’ when there is a truth they want to hide,” Clary said. “It keeps you from having to give a straight answer.”
“Perhaps so,” said the Queen with an amused smile.
"‘Mayhap’ is a good word too,” Alec suggested.
“Also ‘perchance,’” Izzy said.
“I see nothing wrong with ‘maybe,’” said Simon. “A little modern, but the gist of the idea comes across.”

“Does she still love you?”
“I don’t think so,” Magnus said dryly. “She wasn’t very pleasant the last time I saw her. Of course that could be because I’ve got an eighteen-year-old boyfriend with a stamina rune and she doesn’t.”

Maia pulled on a braid. “I ran into Eric, of all people. He told me what happened and that you’d backed out of Millenium Lint’s gigs for the past two weeks because of it.”
“Actually, they changed their name,” Jordan said. “They’re Midnight Burrito now.”

Sebastian can’t be the greatest company.”
“We don’t know that. He could be absolutely fantastic at Scrabble,” said Magnus.

“And I don’t see how Sebastian can be all that fond of Jace, either. He was horribly jealous of him all his life. He thought Jace was Valentine’s favorite,” added Clary.
“Not to mention,” Magnus noted, “that Jace killed him. That would put anyone off.”

“I’d do almost anything for you,” Simon said quietly. “I’d die for you. You know that. But would I kill someone else, someone innocent? What about a lot of innocent lives? What about the whole world? Is it really love to tell someone that if it came down to picking between them and every other life on the planet, you’d pick them? Is that—I don’t know, is that a moral sort of love at all?”

Out loud, she said, “I thought you and Jace were friends.”
“It’s not that,” said Magnus. “There are some people—people the universe seems to have singled out for special destinies. Special favors and special torments. God knows we’re all drawn toward what’s beautiful and broken; I have been, but some people cannot be fixed. Or if they can be, it’s only by love and sacrifice so great that it destroys the giver.”

“To love as you choose, that takes strength. The thing is, I wanted you here for him. There are things I can’t do for him, can’t give him.” For a moment Magnus looked oddly vulnerable himself. “You have known Jace as long as he has. You can give him understanding I can’t. And he loves you.”
“Of course he loves me. I’m his sister.”
“Blood isn’t love,” said Magnus, and his voice was bitter. “Just ask Clary.”

“I don’t like keeping her in the dark,” Jace said.
“We’ll tell her in a week. What difference does a week make?”
Jace gave him a look. “Two weeks ago you were dead.”
“Well, I wasn’t suggesting two weeks,” said Sebastian. “That would be insane.”

HOUSE RULES
  No shape-shifting in the hallways.
No howling.
No silver.
Clothes must be worn at all times. ALL TIMES.
No fighting.
No biting.
Mark all your food before you put it in the communal refrigerator.

“Oh, please,” said Simon. “All I did was tell you the entire plot of Star Wars.”
“I don’t think I remember that,” said Isabelle, taking a cookie from the plate on the table.
“Oh, yeah? Who was Luke Skywalker’s best childhood friend?”
“Biggs Darklighter,” Isabelle said immediately, and then hit the table with the flat of her hand. “That is so cheating!” Still, she grinned at him around her cookie.
“Ah,” said Magnus. “Nerd love. It is a beautiful thing, while also being an object of mockery and hilarity for those of us who are more sophisticated.”

“You stabbed Luke,” she said. “Someone I care about. Someone I love—”
“He was about to blow me to pieces with a shotgun,” said Sebastian. “You love him; I don’t know him. I was saving my life, and Jace’s. Do you really not understand that?”

"I don’t think she doesn’t believe she can die. I think, just like you always did, she believes there are things worth dying for.”

“You want me to believe you care if this world is destroyed?”
“Well, I do live here,” Sebastian said.

Arvamus: See oli hea. Ma ei tea, miks see mulle meeldib, aga see oli hea. Ja magnus... ah Magnus. Jonathan/Sebastian jõudis mulle meeldimagi hakata. Very Happy

Hinne: 9,5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/5/2012, 20:15

<<2012>> - Page 2 Sea+Glass+1

Nimi:
Sea Glass

Autor: Maria V Snyder

Kuupäev: 15.05.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 472

Sisu: Like the colorful pieces of sea glass washed up on shore, Opal has weathered rough waters and twisting currents. But instead of finding a tranquil eddy, Opal is caught in a riptide. Her unique glass messengers which allow instant communication over vast distances have become a vital part of Sitian society. Once used solely by the Councilors and magicians, other powerful factions are now vying for control. Control of the messengers equals control of Sitia. Unfortunately that also means control of Opal.

If that isn’t enough of a problem, Opal’s determination to prove blood magic is still being used is met with strong resistance. The Council doubts her, her mentor doubts her, and even her family is concerned. When her world is turned upside down, she begins to doubt herself. In the end, Opal must decide who to believe, who to trust, and who has control—otherwise she will shatter into a million pieces and be swept out by the tide.

Katkend:

"Janco, I'm sor-"
"Don't you dare say it." He poked my arm with a finger. "My choice to help you. My fault for being caught. No regrets. I'd do it again without thought. He cocked his head to the side and scratched his scarred ear. "Which isn't that big of a revelation. Ari says I do everything without thought." He shrugged. "Thinking is overrated."

Arvamus:
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Devlen! (L) Ma teadsin, et sellel on põhjus, et ta mulle mõistusevastaselt meeldis. Very Happy Põnev!

Hinne:
9,5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 13:44

<<2012>> - Page 2 51oWXpqPbLL

Nimi:
Spy Glass

Autor: Maria V. Snyder

Kuupäev: 20.05.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 535

Sisu: An undercover mission leads to danger, adventure and an impossible choice.

After siphoning her own blood magic in the showdown at Hubal, student glass magician Opal Cowan lost her powers. Immune to the effects of magic, Opal is now an outsider looking in, spying through the glass on those with the powers she once had. Powers that make a difference in the world.

Suddenly the beautiful pieces she makes begin to flash in the presence of magic and Opal learns that someone has stolen some of her blood. Finding it might let her regain her powers or discover that they're lost forever...

Katkendid:

No need to act, I let my fear show. "He killed himself," I whispered.
Eve raised an eyebrow. "Fourteen times?"
"He had bad aim.”

Valek smiled. “Good. First, send Kade a reply, asking him not to come.” He pointed at the unopened letter on the table. I had forgotten about it. Sealed with wax, the message appeared to be secured. Valek shrugged. “I was bored.”

“I'm your mother. I see all. Hear all. Know all.”
I laughed. "If that's true, then why do you ask me so many questions?" Ha. Got her!

I dumped them on the kitchen table, and Mother tsked over the wrinkled material.
She sighed. "If only poor dead Opal were here to iron these."
Shocked, Leif looked from my mother to me and back. "Wow. That's... that's... wow."
Kade grinned. "Leif is speechless. Amazing. If only poor dead Opal were here to enjoy it."
I swatted him. "Don't you start."

Arvamus: Oeh. Mulle meeldis lõpp ja kuhu see põnevus kõik jõudis. Ehk oli liiga chummy lõpus, kuid oh well...
DEVLEN! Very Happy
(Kuigi Michael Moscovitz on ja jääb selleks ainsaks. Very Happy)

Hinne: 10/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 13:55

<<2012>> - Page 2 Blood+Bound+-+New+UK

Nimi:
Blood Bound

Autor: Rachel Vincent

Kuupäev: 20.05.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 463

Sisu: Bound by blood, condemned by fate

As a bloodtracker, Liv is extremely powerful. And in a world where power is a commodity that can get you killed, Liv's learnt to survive by her own rules.

Rule number one? Trust no one.

But when a friend's daughter goes missing, Liv is bound by a potent magical oath. She can't rest until the child is safe.
And that means trusting her dangerous ex, Cam.

A sinister prophecy tells that she and Cam will be the death of each other, yet Liv's tired of being a slave to destiny. She's ready to play the forces controlling her world at their own game.

No matter what the cost.

Katkendid: “I realized that I'd rather die with you than live with someone else.”

“I'm searching for a shred of humanity in that shriveled tangle of arteries you call a heart.”

“That's because your new tracker couldn't find his own dick in the dark.”

Cam closed Hunter's laptop and frowned at me. "They're not all like Nick, you know. There are some decent men and women working for Tower. Sometimes good people get caught up in bad things, Olivia."
"I know." Better than most. "But I also know that the closer you stand to the monsters, the more human they start to look."

Arvamus: Noh. Mälu värskendatud. Bring Shadow Bound on.
I'm ready. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 13:59

<<2012>> - Page 2 Inetud_cover_new_erdk

Nimi:
Inetud

Autor: Scott Westerfeld

Kuupäev: 24.05.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 415

Sisu: Scott Westerfield on Ameerika ulmekirjanik, üks tänapäeva populaarsemaid noorteraamatute autoreid. Tema noortesarja esimene raamat “Inetud” jutustab maailmast, kus kõik kuueteistkümneseks saavad noored opereeritakse välimuselt täiuslikuks. Raamatu peategelasel Tallyl hakkab see tähtis hetk kätte jõudma ning ta ootab seda õhinal. Pealegi elab tema parim sõber juba seda imelist, lõbusat ja muretut elu, kus üks pidu järgneb teisele ja ümberringi on ainult ilusad inimesed. Siis aga kohtub Tally Shayga, kes suhtub sellesse kõigesse hoopis teisiti. Shay kutsub teda koos endaga Varemetesse, kus elavad inimesed, kes ei taha Muutust läbi teha. Tally keeldub, kuid sellegipoolest viiakse ta ülekuulamisele asutusse, mille olemasolu ta enne ei kahtlustanudki. Ta peab valima – ta kas läheb Varemetesse ja reedab Shay ning sealsed asukad, või temast ei saa kunagi Ilusat. Tally otsus muudab igal juhul tema elu jäädavalt.

Katkend:

"Kes ta ometi on?"
"Modell."
"Mis on siis mis?"
"Umbes nagu elukutseline ilus."

Arvamus:
Lihtsakoeline, aga küllaltki põnev.

Hinne: 6/10

Viimati muutis seda nasicc (20/8/2012, 14:03). Kokku muudetud 1 kord
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:03

<<2012>> - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6_7dbMVwAg3xbjcNs4K9e0SJ0AFYj4NDBCBhQ5PLPtALGvS05ksrJ72BR

Nimi:
Kääbik

Autor: J. R. R. Tolkien

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 359

Sisu: Maailmakuulsa fantaasiatriloogia «Sõrmuste isand» eellugu, kus lugeja kohtub kääbikute, võlurite, haldjate, lohede ja päkapikkudega.

Katkend:

Kui sa oled ainult kääbikusuurune ja pead öö kotka pesapaigas mööda saatma, siis ei maksa teda parem solvata.

Arvamus: Jälle lihtsakoeline. Aga lugu ise oli armas. Samastun Bilboga. Vahel võib inimene tõesti eneselegi üllatuseks rohkem suuta, kui ta eales arvata oskas.

Hinne: 8/19
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:06

<<2012>> - Page 2 Cover

Nimi:
Ilusad

Autor:
Scott Westerfeld

Kuupäev: 04.06.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 350

Sisu:
Scott Westerfeld on Ameerika ulmekirjanik, üks tänapäeva populaarsemaid noorteraamatute autoreid. Tema noortesarja esimene raamat “Inetud” (Varrak 2011) jutustas maailmast, kus kõik kuueteistkümneseks saavad noored opereeritakse välimuselt täiuslikuks. Raamatu peategelasel Tallyl hakkab see tähtis hetk kätte jõudma ning ta ootab seda õhinal.
Raamat „Ilusad“ algabki sellega, et Tally on nüüd ilus ning jälle koos oma sõprade Shay ja Perisega. Nende elu koosneb üksnes lõbutsemisest, kuid ka ilusate seas on oma sõpruskonnad, millesse kuulumiseks tuleb vaeva näha. Tally ihkab saada Krimmide liikmeks ja grupi otsus lubatakse teatavaks teha kostüümipeol. Ootamatult aga ilmub peole Eriliseks maskeerunud Croy, kes tuletab Tallyle meelde tema endist elu londonlaste seas. Tally leiab lõpuks koos oma uue sõbra Zaneiga kirja, mille ta on ise endale kirjutanud. Kirjaga koos on kaks tabletti, mis peaksid ravima ilusaks muutmisega kaasnevad ajukahjustused. Tally ei suuda küllalt kiiresti otsustada ning et Erilised on neid tabamas, neelavad tema ja Zane viimasel hetkel kumbki ühe tableti. Arvates, et nad on mõlemad nüüd terveks ravitud, hakkavad nad kavandama põgenemist Uus-Londonisse ja kutsuvad endaga kaasa veel rea Krimmisid. Kõik ei lähe aga jällegi nagu planeeritud.

Arvamus: Oeh. Endiselt ei tea, mida arvata. Tahan teada, mis juhtub, aga sellega asi ka piirdub.

Hinne: 5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:12

<<2012>> - Page 2 7061_1

Nimi:
Suur Gatsby

Autor: F. Scott Fitzgerald

Kuupäev: 05.06.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 157

Sisu: "Suur Gatsby" on Scott Fitzgeraldi kolmas romaan. Jay Gatsby, noormees rahatute maailmast, püüab tungida dollaritsitadelli, et leida oma unistuste rohelist tuld. Ent seda ei ole seal - ega saagi olla -, ja kokkupõrge rikaste võltskuldse, vulgaarse ja hoolimatu maailma esindajatega lõpeb Jay Gatsby hukkumisega. Kusagil mujal ei saavuta kirjanik niisugust kontrolli oma aine ja ideestiku, oma kujutlusvõime ja kirjanikumeisterlikkuse üle kui selles lühiromaanis.

Katkendid:

Iga inimene kipub enda juures nägema vähemasti üht suurt voorust, nii ka mina: ma olen aus inimene, üks vähestest, keda tunnen.

"Õppigem oma sõprust üles näitama elavale inimesele, aga mitte sellele, kes on surnud," meeliskles Wolfsheim. "Pärast surma jäta ta rahule, ütleb minu kuldne reegel."

Arvamus: Nii hea! Meeldis jutustamislaad (ja tõlge). Kohati oli absurdne, aga üldiselt oli sisu väga nauditav ja hea.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:21

<<2012>> - Page 2 8803932

Nimi:
If I Die

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu:
The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies.

But the next scream might be for Kaylee.

Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.

But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.

Katkendid:

"She doesn't like Tod."
"That's because Tod never brings anything but death and bad advice," I snapped.
"That's not true." Tod tried to grin, "Sometimes I bring pizza.”

“I'm dead, not impotent. Nasty rumors like that must be squashed before they gain momentum. Feel free to emphasize how very functional I am.”

Alec rolled beautiful brown eyes. "No fair playing the death card."
"No fair having it to play.”

“You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand. Which should leave you pretty damn quiet.”

"What were you doing at the hospital?" Tod asked, as I shifted into Reverse and backed out of my parking space.
"Trying to distract myself from the fact that next week, my address changes from a house number to a plot number."

Arvamus: Endiselt ARMASTAN. Hea, emotsionaalne.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:34

<<2012>> - Page 2 11000229

Nimi:
Shadow Bound

Autor:
Rachel Vincent

Kuupäev: 09.06.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 439

Sisu: If you live in the dark long enough, you begin to forget the light...

Kori Daniels is a shadow-walker, able to travel instantly from one shadow to another. After weeks of confinement for betraying her boss, she's ready to break free of the Tower syndicate for good. But Jake Tower has one final job for Kori, one chance to secure freedom for herself and her sister, Kenley, even if it means taking it from someone else....

The job? Recruit Ian Holt-or kill him.

Ian's ability to manipulate the dark has drawn interest from every syndicate in the world, most notably an invitation from Jake Tower. Though he has no interest in organized crime, Ian accepts the invite, because he's on a mission of his own. Ian has come to kill Tower's top Binder: Kori's little sister.

Amid the tangle of lies, an unexpected thread of truth connecting Ian and Kori comes to light. But with opposing goals, they'll have to choose between love and liberty...

Katkendid:

Sometimes dying is the coward's way out. Sometimes living takes guts.

Five minutes later the bathroom door creaked open and Aaron padded into the living room of my hotel suite in huge, dog-shaped slippers and a pair of navy boxer briefs.
"Where the hell are your pants?"
Aaron shrugged. "You said you were in a hurry, so I rushed right over."

Arvamus:
Meeldis. Ma pole küll kindel, kas rohkem või vähem kui Blood Bound. Tegelased olid huvitavad ja kõike, aga midagi oli nagu puudu... ja lõpus oli lahendus liiga lihtne.

Hinne: 8/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:47

<<2012>> - Page 2 8709527

Nimi:
Bloodlines

Autor: Richelle Mead

Kuupäev: 13.06.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 421

Sisu: Blood doesn't lie...

Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...

Katkendid:

“Takes a lot of tries before you hit perfection." He paused to reconsider that. "Well, except for my parents. They got it on the first try." (Adrian)

“You should've just gotten a kids' meal." Adrian told me, pointing to my half-eaten burger and fries. "You could've saved me a lot of money. And gotten a toy.”

“Thanks for looking out for her, Sage. You're okay. For a human."
I almost laughed. "Thanks."
"You can say it too, you know."
I walked over to Latte and paused. "Say what?"
"That I'm okay...for a vampire," he explained.
I shook my head, still smiling. "You'll have a hard time getting any Alchemist to admit that. But I can say you're okay for an irreverent party boy with occasional moments of brilliance."
"Brilliant? You think I'm brilliant?" He threw his hands skyward. "You hear that, world? Sage says I'm brilliant.”

“You look too pretty to be useful."
"Truer words were never spoken.”

“Do you know anything about silent films?”
“Sure,” I said. “The first ones were developed in the late nineteenth century and sometimes had live musical accompaniment, though it wasn’t until the 1920s that sound become truly incorporated into films, eventually making silent ones obsolete in cinema.”
Bryan gaped, as though that was more than he’d been expecting. “Oh. Okay. Well, um, there’s a silent film festival downtown next week. Do you think you’d want to go?”
I shook my head. “No, I don’t think so. I respect it as an art form but really don’t get much out of watching them.”
“Huh. Okay.” He smoothed his hair back again, and I could almost see him groping for thoughts. Why on earth was he asking me about silent films? “What about Starship 30? It opens Friday. Do you want to see that?”
“I don’t really like sci-fi either,” I said. It was true, I found it completely implausible.
Bryan looked ready to rip that shaggy hair out. “Is there any movie out there you want to see?”
I ran through a mental list of current entertainment. “No. Not really.” The bell rang, and with a shake of his head, Bryan slunk back to his desk.
“That was weird,” I muttered. “He has bad taste in movies.” Glancing beside me, I was startled to see Julia with her head down on her desk while she shook with silent laughter. “What?”
“That,” she gasped. “That was hilarious.”
“What?” I said again. “Why?”
“Sydney, he was asking you out!”
I replayed the conversation. “No, he wasn’t. He was asking me about cinema.”
She was laughing so hard that she had to wipe away a tear. “So he could find out what you wanted to see and take you out!”
“Well, why didn’t he just say that?”

Arvamus: Lugesin üle ja whoa, selliseid twiste ei mäletanud, et... Very Happy Täitsa huvitab juba, kuhu ta nende niidiotstega jõuab. Very Happy Mulle meeldib Sydney tegelasena, ta on hästi väljajoonistatud.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:51

<<2012>> - Page 2 R130678

Nimi:
Järeltulijad

Autor: Kaui Hart Hemmings

Kuupäev: 15.06.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 350

Sisu: Perekond King – Hawaii ühe mõjuvõimsaima peredünastia ja ühtlasi suurima maaomaniku järeltulijad – on jõudnud faasi, kus tuleb hakata elu põhiväärtuseid kõvasti ümber hindama. Matthew Kingi tütred – 10-aastane krapsakas Scottie ja 17-aastane narkootikumidega pahuksisse sattunud mässumeelne Alex – toovad mehele hulgaliselt halle juuksekarvu. Olukorra teeb raskemaks asjaolu, et laste karismaatiline ema, igal hetkel põnevust otsinud Joanie lamab pärast rasket mootorpaadiõnnetust koomas, ilma et arstid talle mingisugust elulootust annaksid. Matt kutsub kokku sugulased ja lähedased sõbrad, et nad saaksid Joaniega hüvasti jätta. Niigi raske olukorra muudab veelgi hullemaks avastus, et on üks inimene, kellele ta pole veel abikaasa seisundist teada andnud – nimelt mehele, kellel oli tema naisega kuum armuafäär ... Olles sunnitud oma elus palju ümber hindama ning „varulapsevanema” staatusest täieõiguslikuks perekonnapeaks tõusma, asub Matt koos tütardega teele, et otsida üles abikaasa armuke.
Emotsionaalne lugu rännakust, kus selgub, milline suund elu teelahkmel võtta...

Arvamus: Meeldis. Kahju ainult, et film kogu see aeg silme ees jooksis. Mulle meeldisid tegelased, nende tegemised ja Matti vahepeal ausalt ehmatamapanevad mõtted.
Hea!

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:54

<<2012>> - Page 2 R129361

Nimi:
Martin Greeni juhtum

Autor:
Kiiri Saar

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: Martini elu on pärast kallima kaotust muutunud lõputuks leinaks. Ent ühest saatuslikust kohtumisest kummalise tütarlapsega pimedal meeleheiteööl saab alguse sündmusteahel, mida pole enam võimalik peatada ja milles miski pole lõpuks enam nii, nagu näib. Kas peategelane suudab hingelises kaoses taas tasakaalu leida ja lahendada mälukaotusega tüdruku ümber heljuva müsteeriumi? Mida sügavamalt Martin nimetusse võõrasse kiindub, mida lähemale lahendusele jõuab, seda eluohtlikumaks ja painajalikumaks muutub neid ümbritsev reaalsus.

Arvamus: Oeh. ootasin sellelt raamatult midagi nii palju enamat! Esimene pool oli okei, aga edasi... ei. Lihtsalt ei. See on petmine. Kirjanduslik petmine.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 14:58

<<2012>> - Page 2 13335038

Nimi:
Divergent

Autor:
Veronica Roth

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

Debut author Veronica Roth bursts onto the literary scene with the first book in the Divergent series--dystopian thrillers filled with electrifying decisions, heartbreaking betrayals, stunning consequences, and unexpected romance.

Katkendid:

All thoughts of being careful around Four leave me. “Were you a transfer too?”
“I thought I would only have trouble with the Candor asking too many questions,” he says coldly. “Now I’ve got Stiffs, too?”
“It must be because you’re so approachable,” I say flatly. “You know. Like a bed of nails.”

They’re arrogant and dull, and that’s why I left them, but they aren’t revolutionaries. They just want more say, that’s all, and they resent Abnegation for refusing to listen to them.”
“They don’t want people to listen, they want people to agree,” I reply. “And

“Let’s go,” I say. “Get up, Peter.”
“You want him to walk?” Caleb demands. “Are you insane?”
“Did I shoot him in the leg?” I say. “No. He walks."

Arvamus: Päris huvitav uus maailm. Mind muidugi huvitas millegi pärast kõige enam see brutaalsus... Aga kokkuvõttes huvitav. Ja peategelane on täitsa tugev tegelane ka oma inimlike nõrkustega.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:05

<<2012>> - Page 2 8709523

Nimi:
The Golden Lily

Autor: Richelle Mead

Kuupäev: 23.06.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 418

Sisu: Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she’s been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California–tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from assassins who want to throw the Moroi court into civil war. Formerly in disgrace, Sydney is now praised for her loyalty and obedience, and held up as the model of an exemplary Alchemist.

But the closer she grows to Jill, Eddie, and especially Adrian, the more she finds herself questioning her age–old Alchemist beliefs, her idea of family, and the sense of what it means to truly belong. Her world becomes even more complicated when magical experiments show Sydney may hold the key to prevent becoming Strigoi—the fiercest vampires, the ones who don’t die. But it’s her fear of being just that—special, magical, powerful—that scares her more than anything. Equally daunting is her new romance with Brayden, a cute, brainy guy who seems to be her match in every way. Yet, as perfect as he seems, Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else—someone forbidden to her.

When a shocking secret threatens to tear the vampire world apart, Sydney’s loyalties are suddenly tested more than ever before. She wonders how she's supposed to strike a balance between the principles and dogmas she's been taught, and what her instincts are now telling her.

Should she trust the Alchemists—or her heart?

Katkendid:

Eddie gestured with his fork to something behind me. Turning, I looked back toward the food line I’d just been in. There, hanging above it on the wal, was an enormous banner that read HALLOWEEN DANCE. It listed the date and time and was decorated with badly drawn pumpkins.
“Huh,” I said.
“How can you memorize entire books but miss something like that?” asked Angeline.
“Because Sydney’s brain only records ‘useful’ information,” Eddie said with a smile. I didn’t deny it.

A bellman passed by, and I flagged him down.
“Excuse me. Where’s the nearest place you can smoke?” He nodded back toward the front door. “Far side of the circle drive.”
I thanked him and practicaly ran outside. Sure enough, over in the designated smoking area, Adrian was leaning against an ornate fence in the shade of an orange tree, lighting up.

“Medical emergencies and breaking up a fight are the only times teachers can lay hands on students. Now, you might argue that that guy wasn’t a teacher or employed by the school, but his group was invited here by the school—which is obligated to keep its students safe. You’re a private school, but I’m certain the California Department of Education would have a few things to say about what happened here today—as wil Angeline’s father, who’s a lawyer.” He was actually the leader of a bunch of mountain vampires and had multiple wives, but that was beside the point.

“I thought something was wrong with you today,” he said. “Especially at breakfast, when Angeline called a tomato a vegetable and you didn’t correct her.”

I could see Adrian taking all of this in as Ms. Terwilliger returned to us. She set down a book with a red leather cover and flipped through the pages before finding what she wanted.
We all peered at it.
“That’s not English,” said Adrian helpfully.
“It’s just Greek,” I said, skimming the ingredient list.

"They’re evil, bloodthirsty creatures who must be destroyed.”
“I agree with that. But Sonya’s not one of them. Look at her.” I was gaining courage, my voice growing stronger and clearer in the desert night. “You keep bragging about capturing some terrible monster, but all I see is a drugged, restrained woman. Nice work. Truly a worthy enemy.”

Arvamus: Oeh. See oli hea. Adrian on tore. Very Happy Ja mulle meeldib see, kuidas Sidney on tehtnud nii komplekside käes vaevlevaks inimeseks ja kuidas ta siiski kõigega hakkama saab. Talle on kedagi Adrianisugust vaja: kedagi, kes talle lõpuks selgeks teeks, kui eriline ta on. Jamasid hakkab kuhjuma, ei jõua järgmist raamatut ära oodata. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:09

<<2012>> - Page 2 12557508

Nimi:
Sume on öö

Autor:
F. Scott Fitzgerald

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 333

Sisu: Romaani «Sume on öö» (Tender Is The Night, 1934) lõimetusaeg oli enneolematult pikk ja vaevaline, vaheaegadega kokku üheksa aastat. Kirjanik kirjutas romaanist kolm pikemat varianti, vahetas korduvalt pealkirju, tegelaste nimesid, sü¾eeliine, kirjaniku vaatekohti ja karakteriarenguid. Need olid rasked aastad Fitzgeraldile, täis kibedat enesepiitsutamist ning selle emotsionaalse pankrotistumise põhjuste otsimist, mis oli endaga kaasa toonud «toreda isiksuse murdumise». Juba kahekümnendatel aastatel sai talle järjest ähvardamalt selgeks, et see playboy roll, mida ta noorusliku entusiasmi ja naiivsusega mängis nii kodumaal kui Euroopas, ei sobinud kirjanikule, kellel on tõsised taotlused, kuid järjest raskemaks osutus oma elus otsustava pöörde tegemine. Kolmekümnendate aastate algul halvenes süveneva alkoholismi mõjul märgatavalt tema tervis ja varises skisofreenikuna lõplikult kokku tema naine Zelda. Omalt poolt lisas seesmist rahulolematust ning pinget seegi, et ta elas kõrgetest honoraridest hoolimata kogu oma elu kasvavates võlgades, mis nõudsid väheväärtuslike ajalehejuttude pidevat produtseerimist. Ja eks latigi tavatult kõrgele asetamine raskendanud «Sume on öö» valmimist, sest Fitzgeraldi salaunistuseks oli kõigest hoolimata kirjutada oma ajastu vaieldamatu tippteos, nn. ameerika suurromaan, nagu seda laadi kirjanduslikke üritusi pooleldi tõemeeli, pooleldi pilkamisi nimetatakse.
Kui romaan 1934. aastal ilmus, sai romaan väga leige vastuvõtu osaliseks. Majanduskriisi rängad aastad läbielanud lugejat ei paistnud huvitavat kõrgklassi esindajate 1929. aasta börsikrahhi eelsed pillerkaaritamised Rivieras ja Pariisis. Ent imelik küll, ka kriitikud - vähemalt suurem osa sõnavõtnud kriitikuid - ei suutnud esimesel lugemisel avastada selle romaani tegelikke väärtusi. Kirjanik, kes oli endast nii palju andnud, tundis õigustatud pettumust.
F. Scott Fitzgerald suri teadmisega, et ta on ebaõnnestunud nii kirjanikuna kui inimesena. Ent nagu mitme teisegi suurmehe puhul, nii tähendas surm Fitzgeraldile tegelikult tema taassündi.

Katkend:

Tol päeval ei suudelnud nad kordagi, aga kui Dick oli tüdruku Zürichi järve äärse asutuse nukrast uksest sisse viinud ja see jumalajätuks talle silma vastas, mõistis Dick, et Nicole Warreni probleem oli saanud nende ühiseks probleemiks, nüüd ja igavesti.

Arvamus:
Ootasin enamat. Rohkem skisofreenia käsitlemist ehk? Romaan mõjus hakituna. Mitte midagi polnud piisavalt.

Hinne: 7,5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:14

<<2012>> - Page 2 11418574

Nimi:
Before I Wake

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: I died on a Thursday—killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it.

The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school…

Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend.

But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life….

Katkendid:

“Kaylee?” My dad’s footsteps echoed in the hall, headed our way.
I closed my eyes and concentrated on making myself both visible and audible. “In here.” I opened the door and my dad stepped into the doorway as I dropped the amphora around my neck. “Hey, do you wanna go out for…” His words melted into a sigh when he noticed Tod, but then he rallied with a smile. “Hi, Tod, I didn’t realize you were here. In my daughter’s bedroom. With the door closed.”
“Happy to be here,” Tod said, and I groaned out loud.

“Hi,” Sabine said, still chewing as she lifted the card from a vase of wilting mixed blooms on the counter. “The school sent you flowers. I’m sure that totally makes up for the fact that they hired the psychotic, soul-stealing pedophile who murdered you in your own home.”

Nash stood and walked away from us all without a word, just as Jayson stepped into the quad.
“How come he’s always leaving?” Jayson asked, sliding onto the bench seat next to Emma. “I’m starting to take it personally.”
“Don’t,” Sabine said. “He doesn’t like you enough to care whether or not you’re here.”

“We promised not to…” I started, but then he crawled onto the bed with me and I ran my hands over his stomach. I couldn’t help it.
“You promised. I never promised. Besides, I told him I’d probably make more mistakes. But my hands are in the right place.”
“Heart,” I corrected. “Your heart’s in the right place.”
“Yeah, but my hands are in an even better place.”

Seriously, why do they still teach history in school? If it’s going to repeat itself, anyway, can’t we just catch it the next time around?

Arvamus:
Meeldis. Sellina bam, bam, BAM tunne oli. Twist, twist, twist. Aga see oli hea raamat. Ja tükati kurb. Sabine on üks äge tegelane. Aa. Tod ja Kaylee on ägedad, aga see romance oli vahepeal liig - tegi asja nagu vähem eriliseks. Ootan pikisilmi With All My Souli. :)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:18

<<2012>> - Page 2 11160341

Nimi:
Eternal Starling

Autor:
Angela Corbett

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: A love so strong, even eternity can’t separate them.

Evie Starling has lived a relatively uneventful life hanging out with friends, gossiping about boys, and driving her 1966 Mustang. All of that changes when she moves to Gunnison, Colorado, to start college and meets two mysterious men.

For centuries, Alex Night and Emil Stone have yearned for Evie—but they each have their own reasons for wanting to be with her. When both men claim to be her soul mate and tell her about an unbelievable past, Evie learns that she’s not the person she thought she was. Soon, Evie finds herself in the middle of an age-old battle between the Amaranthine Society—the soul protectors, and the Daevos Resistance—the soul destroyers. With a past she doesn’t understand, and a future rife with danger, Evie has to decide who she can trust. But Alex and Emil aren’t the only ones who want Evie, and her soul is about to become the rope in an eternal tug-of-war.

Arvamus:
Hmm... selline typical-ish sisu, aga lõbus ja vahelduseks tõesti hästi kirjutatud. Very Happy See love-triangle oli ka loetav. Isegi ei tea, kumba- Ei, Emil. (L) Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:26

<<2012>> - Page 2 6185

Nimi:
Wuthering Heights

Autor:
Emily Bronte

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu:
Wuthering Heights is a wild, passionate story of the intense and almost demonic love between Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff, a foundling adopted by Catherine's father. After Mr Earnshaw's death, Heathcliff is bullied and humiliated by Catherine's brother Hindley and wrongly believing that his love for Catherine is not reciprocated, leaves Wuthering Heights, only to return years later as a wealthy and polished man. He proceeds to exact a terrible revenge for his former miseries. The action of the story is chaotic and unremittingly violent, but the accomplished handling of a complex structure, the evocative descriptions of the lonely moorland setting and the poetic grandeur of vision combine to make this unique novel a masterpiece of English literature.

Katkendid:

“You teach me now how cruel you've been - cruel and false. Why did you despise me? Why did you betray your own heart, Cathy? I have not one word of comfort. You deserve this. You have killed yourself. Yes, you may kiss me, and cry; and wring out my kisses and tears: they'll blight you - they'll damn you. You loved me - what right had you to leave me? What right - answer me - for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery, and degradation, and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own will did it. I have no broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine. So much the worse for me that I am strong. Do I want to live? What kind of living will it be when you - Oh, God! would you like to lie with your soul in the grave?”

“May she wake in torment!" he cried, with frightful vehemence, stamping his foot, and groaning in a sudden paroxysm of ungovernable passion. "Why, she's a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there—not in heaven—not perished—where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer—I repeat it till my tongue stiffens—May she wake in torment!" he cried, with frightful vehemence, stamping his foot, and groaning in a sudden paroxysm of ungovernable passion. "Why, she's a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there—not in heaven—not perished—where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer—I repeat it till my tongue stiffens—Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!”

Arvamus:
Vot see oli üks võimas, hävitav armastus. Siin olid ühed võimsaimad tunded, mida raamatust lugenud olen (või, noh, need võimsad tunded olid hästi edasi antud). Kõik inimesed siin olid justkui mürgitatud... see läks nagu doominoefekt.
Suurepärane! (Kuigi segane jutustusviis.)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:29

<<2012>> - Page 2 13618000

Nimi:
Salmon Fishing In The Yemen

Autor: Paul Torday

Kuupäev: 09.07.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 331

Sisu:
What does it take to make us believe in the impossible?

For Dr. Alfred Jones, life is a quiet mixture of civil service at the National Centre for Fisheries Excellence and marriage to Mary--an ambitious, no-nonsense financier. But a strange turn of fate from an unexpected direction forces Jones to upend his existence and spend all of his time in pursuit of another man's ludicrous dream. Can there be salmon in the Yemen? Science says no. But if resources are limitless and the visionary is inspired, maybe salmon fishing in the Yemen isn't impossible. Then again, maybe nothing is.

Katkend:
He is a very impressive character. He is quite small, but stands very upright and communicates a sense of power which you cannot ignore. I don’t mean I fancy him, and he certainly doesn’t fancy me—tall, thin European women are not his type. He is happily married, anyway, with wife number four being the current favourite.

Arvamus: See oli... teistsugune. meeldis vaheldusrikkus - meilid, intervjuud jms. Aga mul on tunne, et film on palju helgem. :)

Hinne: 7/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:32

<<2012>> - Page 2 R131885

Nimi:
Erilised

Autor: Scott Westerfeld

Kuupäev: 15.07.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 318

Sisu: Järg populaarsele noortesarjale. Sarja esimene raamat “Inetud” (Varrak 2011) jutustas maailmast, kus kõik kuueteistkümneseks saavad noored opereeritakse välimuselt täiuslikuks. Sarja teises osas „Ilusad“ (Varrak 2011) ongi raamatu peategelane Tally ilus ning tema elu koosneb üksnes lõbutsemisest. Sarja kolmandas raamatus on Tallyst aga saanud Eriline.
Seda, et Erilised linnas kõigisse hirmu sisendavad, teatakse ka siis, kui nendega kunagi elus ei kohtutagi. Tally aga oli kohtunud nendega juba siis, kui ta oli alles inetu. Erilised on hirmuäratavalt ilusad, kiired ja tugevad ning nende eest pole pääsu. Ja nüüd on Tally ise üks neist, üks neist üliinimestest, kes peab ühiskonda ohjes hoidma ja isepäiseid jooksikuid püüdma. Ta ei oleks aga Tally Youngblood, kui kusagil ta ajusopis ei elaks edasi mälestus millestki muust, sellest, kes ta oli varem. Seda mälestust on siiski võimalik maha suruda. Kuni selle hetkeni, mil ta saadetakse retkele, mille eesmärk on lõplikult hävitada Uus-London. Tallyle tähendab see, et ta peab valima ja sellest valikust ei sõltu mitte ainult tema, vaid ka paljude teiste saatus…

Arvamus: Oeh. See ei olnud rahuldav lõpp. (Seda enam, et sellel mingi wannabe järg ka.) Mulle ei meeldi, et Tally kogu aeg resetiti. See viis iga uue raamatu tagasi sinna punkti, kust algas eelmine. Ja Zane'i surm, mis oleks pidanud olema süantlõhestav, ei mõjunud dramaatilisena. Tally armastust polnud tajuda ka. Lõpp läks kiiresti ja see oli nagu petmine - nii kergelt siis asi käiski.
Meh raamat.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:38

<<2012>> - Page 2 11559200

Nimi:
Shadow of Night

Autor:
Deborah Harkness

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: "Together we lifted our feet and stepped into the unknown"—the thrilling sequel to the New York Times bestseller A Discovery of Witches

Deborah Harkness exploded onto the literary scene with her debut novel, A Discovery of Witches, Book One of the magical All Souls Trilogy and an international publishing phenomenon. The novel introduced Diana Bishop, Oxford scholar and reluctant witch, and the handsome geneticist and vampire Matthew Clairmont; together they found themselves at the center of a supernatural battle over an enchanted manuscript known as Ashmole 782.

Now, picking up from A Discovery of Witches’ cliffhanger ending, Shadow of Night plunges Diana and Matthew into Elizabethan London, a world of spies, subterfuge, and a coterie of Matthew’s old friends, the mysterious School of Night that includes Christopher Marlowe and Walter Raleigh. Here, Diana must locate a witch to tutor her in magic, Matthew is forced to confront a past he thought he had put to rest, and the mystery of Ashmole 782 deepens.

Deborah Harkness has crafted a gripping journey through a world of alchemy, time travel, and magical discoveries, delivering one of the most hotly anticipated novels of the season.

Katkend:

After breakfast Chef and I discussed the menu for Saturday’s pre-Advent feast. This done, I discussed my clothing needs with the village tailor and seamstress. Given my grasp of French, I feared I had ordered a circus tent.

Arvamus:
Mm... see oli hea. Natukene keerulisem lugemine jälegi, aga mulle meeldis. Lõppes mõnusate niidiotstega, nii et ootan uut. :)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:41

<<2012>> - Page 2 10863148

Nimi:

Autor:
Kelley Armstrong

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: War is coming to the Otherworld. A sinister cult known as The Supernatural Liberation Movement is hell-bent on exposing the truth about supernaturals to the rest of the world. Their violent, ruthless plan has put everyone at risk: from werewolves to vampires, from witches to half-demons.

Savannah Levine - fiery and unpredictable - stands at the heart of the maelstrom. There is a new, dark magic inside her, granting her the power to summon spells of terrifying strength. But whether this magic is a gift or a curse, no one knows.

On the eve of battle, all the major players must come together in a last, desperate fight for survival - Elena and Clay; Adam and Savannah; Paige and Lucas; Jeremy and Jaime; Hope, Eve and more...

They are fighting for lives.

They are fighting for their loved ones.

They are fighting for the Otherworld.

Katkendid:

It figures, doesn’t it? Finally get to kiss the guy, and before you can find out if he really means it, you’re whisked away. Thrown in jail. Escape jail. Escape a hell-beast. See your mother resurrected from the dead. Escape demon-possessed children. Terrorize an informant. Have drinks with a hooker. Rush off to infiltrate enemy ranks before they skip town. It’s like the universe is conspiring to keep us apart, even if it had only been—I checked my watch—less than ten hours.

Elena had him by the neck, two feet off the ground, pinned to the wall, before he could get another word out.
There were two other officers plus the tech guy in the hayloft. Tech guy decided his equipment looked very interesting, and busied himself with it. The officers both turned to Clay.
“Don’t look at me,” he said. “I’m only getting involved if you decide to do the same. But remember, whatever our kids think, I’m definitely the scarier one.”

“Come on, Cass,” I whispered. “Please.”
The machine blipped. I jumped and looked over. It blipped again. Then again.
Cassandra shot upright, eyes snapping open. She looked around. Then she grabbed her chest, eyes going wide.
“What’s—?” I began, leaping to my feet. “Someone—” Cassandra gasped. She blinked hard as she slowly, almost tentative inhaled and exhaled.
“Forgot that part, huh?” Adam said, grinning. “Yep, you gotta breathe now, Cass.”
“That’s inconvenient,” she said.

Arvamus: Oeh. Selline pettumus! See oli kõikjal laiali, sisu oli olematu - vaid fännidele meelejärele olemine. Asad olid segased ja poolikuf. Üks suur mess. Pettunud olen. Sellest vähem meeldib vaid Living With The Dead.

Hinne: 7/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:44

<<2012>> - Page 2 13560494

Nimi:
Ogalinnud

Autor:
Colleen McCullough

Kuupäev: 01.08.2012

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: Austraalia päritolu USA naiskirjaniku Colleen McCullough'i kõige menukam romaan «Ogalinnud» jutustab kolme põlvkonna Clearyde elust 20. sajandi alguskümnenditest kuni kuuekümnendate aastate lõpuni nende perekonnamõisas Droghedas ja mujal laias maailmas, kuhu saatus neid pillutab. Seda romantilist ning laiahaardelist perekonnasaagat läbib peategelase Meggie ja vaimulikutõotusega seotud Ralph de Bricassart'i armastuslugu, nõnda et teost on peetud ka Margaret Mitchelli kuulsa romaani «Tuulest viidud» austraaliapäraseks analoogiks.

Arvamus:
Mu jumal! Ma pole nii ammu raamatule niimoodi kaasa elanud! Ammu pole ükski raamat minus sellist tunnetelaviini esile kutsunud. Tahaks kõiki tegelasi raputada, nende peale karjuda, aga samas kibestunult naerda, kuna see on elu. Raamat oli realistlik, kuigi ma pooleldi soovin, et see poleks olnud. Et inimesed, kes oleks õnne väärinud, selle ka saaksid.
Nii kurb oli jälgida, kuidas aastad tegelastes lootuse kustutasid. Mida aeg edasi, seda saatusele alistunumad nad olid. See juhtub kahjuks enamuses raamatutes, milles nii pikast ajavahemikust räägitakse.

Tagasi üles Go down
Sponsored content

<<2012>> - Page 2 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Tagasi üles Go down

<<2012>>
Tagasi üles 
Lehekülg 2, lehekülgi kokku 4Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next