6 posters
Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AutorTeade
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

Female Postituste arv : 5899

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/4/2011, 21:17

Sobib-sobib. Mis tal muud üle jääb? Very Happy

YA on Young Adult ehk noortekas. Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime16/4/2011, 17:46

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 CityofGlass

Nimi:
City of Glass

Autor: Cassandra Clare

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 541

Sisu: To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

Katkendid:

"He's a cousin of some friends of the Lightwoods or something. He's nice, I promise."
"Nice, bah. He's gorgeous." Magnus gazed dreamily in his direction. "You should leave him here. I could hang hats on him and things."

The Law is hard, but it is the Law.

"What I don't get," Simon said, "is why Sebastian stayed around. After what he did to Izzy and Max, he was going to get caught, there was no more pretending. I mean, even if he thought he'd killed Izzy instead of just knocking her out, how was he going to explain that they were both dead and he was still fine? Why come up to the Gard to get me? I'm pretty sure he didn't actually care one way or the other whether I lived or died."
"Now you're being too hard on him," Jace said. "I'm sure he'd rather you died."

Arvamus: Meeldis. Selle raamatu kohal mul polegi ühtegi närivat asja. Vähemalt mitte nii hullusti kui kahe eelneva raamatu puhul. Very Happy Tõsiselt hea triloogia ju.Very Happy Loodetavasti järgmine sama hea. Ja Clockwork Angel ka. Very Happy

Hinne: 9/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime17/4/2011, 22:15

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Clockwork-Angel_213

Nimi
: Clockwork Angel

Autor:
Cassandra Clare

Kuupäev: 17.04.2011

Lehekülgede arv: 478

Sisu: Magic is dangerous--but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by--and torn between--two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

Katkendid:

Henry beamed and patted the burned sleeve of his jacket with a look of satisfaction. “You know what this means?”
Will set the vase down. “That you set yourself on fire and didn’t even notice?”

“We’ve investigated them before and never managed to catch them doing anything dodgy,” Henry pointed out. “It isn’t against the Law to be an idiot.”
“Lucky for you,” Jessamine said under her breath.

“One must always be careful of books,” said Tessa, “and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
“I’m not sure a book has ever changed me,” said Will. “Well, there is one volume that promises to teach one how to turn oneself into an entire flock of sheep—”
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry,” said Tessa, determined not to let him run wildly off with the conversation.
“Of course, why one would want to be an entire flock of sheep is another matter entirely,” Will finished.

“Do you think the library has The Wide, Wide World? Or Little Women?”
“Never heard of either of them,” said Will. “We haven’t many novels.”
“Well, I want novels,” said Tessa. “Or poetry. Books are for reading, not for turning oneself into livestock.”

“Oh! Do you have A Tale of Two Cities ?”
“That silly thing? Men going around getting their heads chopped off for love? Ridiculous.” Will unpeeled himself from the door and made his way toward Tessa where she stood by the bookshelves. He gestured expansively at the vast number of volumes all around him. “No, here you’ll find all sorts of advice about how to chop off someone’s else’s head if you need to; much more useful.”

Jem raised his hand, and his witchlight flared into life, frightening a group of blackbeetles. They scurried across the floor, causing Will to grimace. “Nice place to live, isn’t it? Let’s hope they left something behind other than filth. Forwarding addresses, a few severed limbs, a prostitute or two …”
“Indeed. Perhaps, if we’re fortunate, we can still catch syphilis.”

“You wish me to pretend to be your sister?” Tessa squeaked.
“Why not?” Jessamine said, as if this were the most reasonable suggestion in the world. “Or you could be my cousin from America. Yes, that would work. You do see,” she added, more practically, “that it isn’t as if you have anywhere else to go, is it? I’m quite positive we would catch husbands in no time at all.”

“I mean, I’m wearing blue. Blue goes with everything,” Jessamine went on. “Which, really, you ought to know. You’re vain enough about your own clothes.”
“Blue does not go with everything,” Will told her. “It does not go with red, for instance.”
“I have a red and blue striped waistcoat,” Henry interjected, reaching for the peas.
“And if that isn’t proof that those two colors should never be seen together under Heaven, I don’t know what is.”

Tessa poked at her left incisor with her tongue. It was flat again, an ordinary tooth. “I don’t understand what makes them come out like that!”
“Hunger,” said Jem. “Were you thinking about blood?”
“No.”
“Were you thinking about eating me?” Will inquired.
“No!”
“No one would blame you,” said Jem. “He’s very annoying.”

Arvamus: Natukene teistsugune, aga täitsa hea. Very Happy Juba armastan uusi tegelasi, eriti Henryt. (L) Very Happy

Hinne: 8/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime18/4/2011, 20:25

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Spirit.Bound.Free.eBook

Nimi:
Spirit Bound

Autor: Richelle Mead

Kuupäev: 18.04.2011

Lehekülgede arv: 479

Sisu: After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa Dragomir. It's graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives outside of the Academy’s cold iron gates to finally begin. But even with the intrigue and excitement of court life looming, Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri. He's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance, and now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever.

But Rose can't forget what she learned on her journey—whispers of a magic too impossible and terrifying to comprehend. A magic inextricably tied to Lissa that could hold the answer to all of Rose's prayers, but not without devastating consequences. Now Rose will have to decide what—and who—matters most to her. In the end, is true love really worth the price?

Katkendid:

With no more ammunition, I resorted to old standbys.
"That," I told Tatiana, "is the most fucked up law I have ever heard."

He kept his eyes on the communion line while composing his answer. "It's irrelevant. I don't have to forgive myself even if God does. And I'm not sure he would."
"That priest just said God would. He said God forgives everything. Are you calling the priest liar? That's pretty sacrilegious."

"What have you gotten me into?" I hissed to him.
"Me? What have you gotten yourself into? Couldn't I have just picked you up at at the police station for underage drinking, like most fathers?"

Arvamus: Oh Rose, Rose, Rose... Very Happy Sa oled nii äge! xD

Hinne:
10/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime20/4/2011, 20:14

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Last%2BSacrifice%2Bby%2BRichelle%2BMead

Nimi:
Last Sacrifice

Autor: Richelle Mead

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 594

Sisu: Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules.

She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?

Katkendid:

"If pretty Ambrose was right about Aunt Tatiana, then this guy can tell us the names of other jealous women."
"Why didn't you ask him yourself?" asked Christian.
"Because me asking about my aunt's sex life would be sick and wrong," said Adrian.

"I'm glad you're back." Then, with a wink, he said to Dimitri: "Looking forward to our chat."
"Run," I said when they were gone. "If you slip out now, maybe they won't notice. Go back to Siberia."

"You probably think it's small," said Joshua.
It was true, but it was actually bigger than my dorm room at St. Vladimir's. "Well... yeah, but I mean, how old are you?"
"Eighteen."
"Same as me," I said. This seemed to make him pretty happy. "Having your own, um, cave at eighteen is pretty cool."

Arvamus: Miks ma seda juba jälle uuesti lugeda tahan?! xD

Hinne:
10/10
Tagasi üles Go down
Cilen
Magus maius
Cilen

Female Postituste arv : 2007

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime14/5/2011, 20:28

Ma olen nii kettas hetkel. Evil or Very Mad
Esiteks,nii närvi ajab, et sa nii hästi inglise keelt oskad.
Teiseks, sa saad ju nii palju häid raamatuid lugeda. Ja mina saan, vaid oodata millal need eesti keelde tõlgitakse. Sad
Täiesti juba. Sad
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime15/5/2011, 12:07

Hah. Very Happy
Aga mina alustasin ka kunagi sealt, kus sina oled. Very Happy
Tuleb lihtsalt leida raamat, mida sa üle kõige lugeda tahad, aga seda eesti keeles pole. Mina leidsin selle raamatu ja istusin arvuti taga, aare.pri.ee lahti ja tõlkisin sõnu, mida ei osanud. Esimene raamat oli väga paksult tõlkeid täis, teises oli natukene vähem, kolmandas paar tõlget lehekülje peale ja nüüd... noh, äärmiselt harva tuleb ette sõna, mida ma ei tunne. (Mida ma enam tõlkida muidugi ei viitsi, kuigi see oleks tark tegu. Very Happy) (Ja minu puhul oli see Twilight, aga see selleks. Very Happy)
Ühesõnaga, ma usun, et alguses on probleeme, aga see on lõpus seda väärt. Very Happy (Sest ma olen aru saanud, kui halvaks need tõlked on muutunud. Eriti praeguse aja noortekirjandus. Very Happy)
Tagasi üles Go down
Everleigh
Magus maius
Everleigh

Female Postituste arv : 2033

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2/7/2011, 17:13

Jälle VA Very Happy Very Happy
Mul sai üsna pikaks ajaks isu sellest täis vist xD
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 22:47

Mul ka.... (A) Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
Everleigh
Magus maius
Everleigh

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime15/7/2011, 15:18

Heh, ma tahaks seda viimast raamatut uuesti lugeda xD
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime15/7/2011, 15:33

Jeebus küll. xD
Aga varsti tuleb seesuur... Bloodlines. Wink
Adriannnn (L)
Tagasi üles Go down
Everleigh
Magus maius
Everleigh

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime15/7/2011, 19:14

Jup, aga see mees küll siin ei aita Very Happy

Hm, Ardrian, YAY Very Happy
Millal see raamat pidi üldse välja antama? Sügisel?
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime15/7/2011, 21:26

Mingi 23 august polnud? Very Happy
Succubus Revealed oli ka samal päeval vist. Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
Everleigh
Magus maius
Everleigh

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime16/7/2011, 20:48

Wow, ma arvasin et on hiljem Very Happy
Eniveis, ma hakkasin viimast VA'd lugema xD
Saabki selle enne järgmist loetud ja tegelased meelde tuletatud Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 15:23

Jeeei. Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
Everleigh
Magus maius
Everleigh

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 17:10

Rose ja Dimitri nääklemised on lahedad Very Happy Ja see põgenemiskatse oli super xD
Oeh. Ei saa üle VA'st, tee mis tahad Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 19:53

Nad on seksikad. Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
Everleigh
Magus maius
Everleigh

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime19/7/2011, 19:26

*naerab*
Yeah, sellele ei saa ma kuidagi vastu vaielda xD
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime20/7/2011, 09:15

Mwahahahahaha. Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime28/7/2011, 20:21

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Bitten2

Nimi: Bitten

Autor: Kelley Armstrong

Kuupäev: 28.04.2011

Lehekülgede arv: 448

Sisu: Elena Michaels is the world’s only female werewolf. And she’s tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, a life where her most important job is hunting down rogue werewolves. Tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in her–her temper, her violence–but requires it. Worst of all, she realizes she’s growing content with that life, with being that person.

So she left the Pack and returned to Toronto where she’s trying to live as a human. When the Pack leader calls asking for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she’ll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. Really.

Katkendid: Duuuuh. Mu lugemispäevikus on selle koha peal ainult südamed.

Arvamus: Sama jutt, mis katkenditega.

Hinne: 10/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime28/7/2011, 20:28

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 City-of-Fallen-Angels-198x300

Nimi:
City of Fallen Angels

Autor: Cassandra Clare

Kuupäev: 03.05.2011

Lehekülgede arv: 424

Sisu: Clary is back in New York and life is good: she's training to be a Shadowhunter and is finally able to call Jace her boyfriend. But nothing comes without a price. When Jace inexplicably begins to pull away from her, Clary is forced to acknowledge that she herself has set in motion a chain of events that could lead to the loss of everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever...

Katkendid:

"I haven't really seen him since that time I threatened to kill him with a candelbra. He took it well, though. Didn't flinch."

"I told my mother I'm a vampire."
Raphael's eyebrows went up. "And what happened?"
"She called me a monster and tried to pray at me."

Jace rolled his eyes. "It's fascinating. You know all these words and they're all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don't make any sense."

"Your trusting idiocy knows no bounds."

"I am older than I look."
"You look pretty old."

But Magnus, he thought. You never told me. Never warned me it would be like this, that I would wake up one day and realize that I was going somewhere you couldn't follow. That we are essentially not the same. there's no "till death do us apart" for those who never die.

Arvamus:
Polnud nii hea kui eelmine triloogia, kuid käis kah. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime28/7/2011, 20:34

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Dead-Reckoning-Charlaine-Harris1-186x300

Nimi:
Dead Reckoning

Autor:
Charlaine Harris

Lehekülgede arv: 325

Kuupäev: 22.05.2011

Sisu: With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit - and the twisted motive for the attack. But her attention is divided. Though she can't 'read' vampires, Sookie knows her lover Eric Northman and his 'child' Pam well - and she realises that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot -which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human - and that there is a new Queen on the board . . .

Katkendid:

Pam said, ―You smell, Sookie.‖
―It was the fire,‖ I explained.
―You can tell me about it in a moment,‖ she said, her pale eyebrows shooting up. ―Sookie, this man is Immanuel Earnest,‖ she said. ―He cuts hair at Death by Fashion in Shreveport. He‘s brother to my lover, Miriam.‖
That was a lot of information in three sentences. I scrambled to absorb it.

―Claude and Dermot are helping me clean it out. I‘m going to go see an antiques dealer with Sam in the morning—well, we were going to go. I don‘t know if Sam‘ll be able to make it, now.‖
―There, see!‖ Pam said to Eric. ―She lives with other men. She goes shopping with other men. What kind of husband are you?‖

―Sorry,‖ I said, feeling mortified. ―That was tacky of me.‖
―It‘s a natural thing to wonder about, I guess,‖ Sam said dubiously. ―But when I‘m in my other skin, I‘m not out making puppies.‖

―Do you think people really change, Sam?‖
He took a moment to line up his thoughts. ―That‘s a pretty big question, Sookie. People can turn themselves around to some extent, sure. Addicts can be strong enough to stop using whatever they‘re addicted to. People can go to therapy and learn how to manage behavior that‘s been out of control. But that‘s an external . . . system. A learned management technique imposed on the natural order of things, on what the person really is—an addict.

―You didn‘t see all my advance publicity? Only three weeks, but so far it‘s been quite the success,‖ Victor said, his eyes barely brushing me. He was not interested in me as a person, not at all. He wasn‘t even interested in me sexually. Believe me, I know the signs. He was far more interested in me as a creature whose death would wound Eric. In other words, my absence would be more effective than my presence.

―What more do I have to do?‖ Sandra screamed.
Conversations all over the bar dwindled to silence. From the corner of my eye, I saw Sam reach down under the bar. He wouldn‘t make it in time.
―I try to burn you up, and the fire goes out.‖ She was still at full volume. ―I give those jerks free drugs and sex, and send them to grab you, and they bungle it. I try your house, and the magic won‘t let me enter. I‘ve tried to kill you over and over, and you just won’t die!‖
I almost felt like apologizing.

―I met Elvis in your woods one night,‖ Terry said. One of the EMTs had given him a shot, and I thought it was beginning to work. ―I knew I was nuts then. He was telling me how much he liked cats. I told him I was a dog person, myself.‖

―Any conversation with Bill about love has to include you,‖ she said.
Oh . . . poop.

―Do you really love me?‖ I said, out of either insanity or sheer curiosity. ―Or have we just been through so much that you think you ought to?‖
He smiled. ―Only you would say that. I love you. I think you‘re beautiful and kind and good, and yet you stand up for yourself. You have a lot of understanding and compassion, but you‘re not a pushover. And to descend a few levels to the carnal, you have a pair of breasts that should win the Miss America Tit Competition, if there were such a thing.‖
―That‘s an unusual bunch of compliments.‖

―Sookie, you‘re wanted!‖ Pam sang out. She seemed very amused by something.
I was curious as I stepped out on the porch, Eric right behind me.
―Oh, she‘ll be so impressed,‖ Pam was saying, sounding as pleased as I did when someone brought me some fresh produce from his garden. ―How very thoughtful.‖ She stepped aside so I could appreciate my presents.
Jesus Christ, Shepherd of Judea.
My great-uncle Dermot and Bellenos were standing in the dripping rain, each holding a severed head.

―Um. Where are they?‖ I asked, trying not to look too anxious.
―Do you mean your great-uncle and his elf buddy, or do you mean the heads, or do you mean the bodies?‖ Eric asked.

Arvamus: Oli jälle kehvem kui eelnevad raamatud. Poleks ehk tegu Harrise raamatuga, oleks pooleli jätnud.

Hinne: 6,5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime28/7/2011, 20:36

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Inside-out-204x300

Nimi:
Inside Out

Autor: Maria V. Snyder

Kuupäev: 11.07.2011

Lehekülgede arv: 326

Sisu: Keep Your Head Down.
Don't Get Noticed.
Or Else.

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

Katkend: "They'll think I killed the Pop Cop. I'll be recycled," Broken Man said.
"You were going to be recycled anyway," I said.

Arvamus: Mm... Teistsugune. Hea. :)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime28/7/2011, 20:41

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Before-i-fall

Nimi:
Before I Fall

Autor: Lauren Oliver

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 470

Sisu: What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: the world's most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High—from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life.

Instead, it turns out to be her last.

Then she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death—and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.

Katkendid:

The idea of telling on Anna Cartullo for sleeping with Alex after what I’ve just done—after Mr. Daimler—is hilarious. I’ve got no right to say anything to anybody. I’m smoking weed in a bathroom, I have no friends, my math teacher stuck his tongue down my throat, my boyfriend hates me because I won’t sleep with him. I’m dead, but I can’t stop living. The absurdity of everything really hits me in that second and I start laughing again. Anna’s gotten serious. Her eyes are big bright marbles.

Bethany covers her mouth and says, “Holy mother of Lord Cocoa Puffs.” I’m not exactly sure what that means, but it’s definitely the most original thing I’ve ever heard her say.

“I’m gonna flash them,” I say, and am suddenly thrilled with the perfect, pure simplicity of it: I’m going to do it. So much easier and cleaner than Maybe I should or Won’t we get in trouble? or Oh my God, I could never. Yes. Three letters. I twist around to Courtney. “Do you dare me?”
Her eyes are doing that bug thing again. Tara and Bethany stare at me like I’ve sprouted tentacles.
“You wouldn’t,” Courtney says.
“You can’t,” Tara says.
“I can, I would, and I’m going to.”

Something in his voice makes my friends finally get it. They go silent, staring back and forth from Rob to me, me to Rob. Let me rephrase: someday he’ll make a sorority girl really happy, a blonde named Becky with D boobs who doesn’t mind getting man-handled like meat in a marinade.

I remember I once saw this old movie with Lindsay; in it the main character was talking about how sad it is that the last time you have sex you don’t know it’s the last time. Since I’ve never even had a first time, I’m not exactly an expert, but I’m guessing it’s like that for most things in life—the last kiss, the last laugh, the last cup of coffee, the last sunset, the last time you jump through a sprinkler or eat an ice-cream cone, or stick your tongue out to catch a snowflake. You just don’t know.
But I think that’s a good thing, really, because if you did know it would be almost impossible to let go. When you do know, it’s like being asked to step off the edge of a cliff: all you want to do is get down on your hands and knees and kiss the solid ground, smell it, hold on to it. I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like—like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.

“I promise nothing’s the matter,” I say, which isn’t exactly true, but I figure it’s the best thing to say. “Best friends forever, right?”
“And no secrets.” Lindsay stares pointedly at me.
“And no bullshit,” Elody trumpets, which isn’t part of our little routine, but whatever. She’s supposed to say, “and no lies,” but I guess one works as well as the other.
“Forever,” Ally finishes, “and till death do us part.”
The last part falls on me to say, “And even then.”
“And even then,” the three of them echo.

“Juliet! Juliet!” I know she’s gotten a fair start and won’t be able to hear me, but it makes me feel better to call her name, makes the darkness all around me not feel so close and heavy.
Of course I’ve forgotten the flashlight. I begin my combo shuffle-run down the icy driveway, wishing I’d decided to wear sneakers instead of my favorite olive leather wedge-heeled Dolce Vita boots. At the same time, these are shoes to die for—to die in.

Arvamus: See jättis nii kurva tunde sisse. Ma ei nutnud ega midagi, aga see oli tõsiselt emotsionaalne teos. Vähemalt lõpu poole, kus see bitch polnud enam nii bitch (ja värskendav oli peategelasena bitchist lugeda). Hea oli näha, kuidas Sam aegamööda mõistis, mis on tähtis ja mis mitte, kuidas elada ja sellega toime tulla... SUPER!

Hinne: 9,5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime28/7/2011, 20:47

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 58996678

Nimi:
New Moan

Autor:
Stephfordy Mayo

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 272

Sisu: Plenty of overwrought prose and melodramatic angst mark this fang-sharp parody of number-one New York Times-bestseller New Moon "I want to bite you, Heffa. I want to bite you very hard. I'll be gentle, I promise. If you really loved me, you'd let me."Heffa Lump is just a typical pale 17-year-old who doubts that anyone will ever see her true beauty and needs to grow up and get a life. Fortunately, the Spatula Academy of Fictional Excellence specializes in helping characters from kids' books cross over into adult fiction. Unfortunately, she's distracted from her attempts to leave adolescence behind when she meets Teddy Kelledy-an impossibly gorgeous boy who eats rare meat, is super-strong, and never goes out in daylight. Could he-just maybe-be a vampire? (Hint: totally.) Soon, Heffa finds herself harassed by supernatural forces on all sides: Will she be able to narrate herself out of danger? Will Teddy learn that being with a girl doesn't always have to be about biting? And what will happen when the New Moan rises? A tale of first love, painful longing, and even more painful pointy teeth, New Moan is a hilarious parody of the phenomenon that is Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga.

Katkend:

"What can you mean?" he asked now. "Joseph explained it all to me quite carefully... You meet a girl, you get to know her, you stick your fangs in until all the blood is gone, you're done."

Arvamus: Meeeh... Paroodia. Olid oma head hetked, aga üldiselt böö.

Hinne:
3/10
Tagasi üles Go down
Sponsored content

PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.   <<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Tagasi üles Go down

<<2011>> Huuuvitav, huuuvitav.
Tagasi üles 
Lehekülg 4, lehekülgi kokku 6Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next