Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3
AutorTeade
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

Female Postituste arv : 5899

2014 - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: 2014   2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/6/2014, 22:03

2014 - Page 3 9780385528788_custom-26444f31157ec38e02209b674dbdfa0fadac6373-s6-c30

Nimi:
MaddAddam

Autor: Margaret Atwood

Kuupäev: 03.06.2014

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: A man-made plague has swept the earth, but a small group survives, along with the green-eyed Crakers – a gentle species bio-engineered to replace humans. Toby, onetime member of the Gods Gardeners and expert in mushrooms and bees, is still in love with street-smart Zeb, who has an interesting past. The Crakers’ reluctant prophet, Snowman-the-Jimmy, is hallucinating; Amanda is in shock from a Painballer attack; and Ivory Bill yearns for the provocative Swift Fox, who is flirting with Zeb. Meanwhile, giant Pigoons and malevolent Painballers threaten to attack.

Told with wit, dizzying imagination, and dark humour, Booker Prize-winning Margaret Atwood’s unpredictable, chilling and hilarious MaddAddam takes us further into a challenging dystopian world and holds up a skewed mirror to our own possible future.

Katkendid: "Look bored, as if we're making small talk."

"There's no safe place to store them except a hole in the ground," says Shackleton.

There's the story, then there's the real story, then there's the story of how the story came to be told. Then there's what you leave out of the story. Which is part of the story too.

Arvamus:
Okei. Millegipärast see raamat nii väga ei meeldinud. Kahtlustasin alguses, et põhjus tagasivaate puudumises - jõudsime nüüdsesse, aga selle kirjutamine Atwoodil ehk nii käitev pole. Siis tuli Zebi/Adami backstory, mis oli minu jaoks lihtsalt igav.
Aga mulle meeldivad erinevad loo kirjutamise modaalsused. Eriti see, kuidas asju Crakersitele ümber seletati. Väga huvitav.

Hinne: 2/5
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

Female Postituste arv : 5899

2014 - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: 2014   2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/6/2014, 22:08

2014 - Page 3 InfiniteRiches

Nimi:
Infinite Riches

Autor:
Ben Okri

Kuupäev: 04.06.2014

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: In the chaotic world of his African village, the spirit-child Azaro still watches the tumultous and tender lives of the Living; of his father who has been imprisoned for a crime he did not commit and of his mother who battles for justice. This final chapter in Azaro's adventures is a explosive and haunting climax to this masterful trilogy.

Katkendid: "Do we wake when we die? My son, I feel as if I have just dies and yet I have never felt more alive."

As he rewrote our past, he altered our present.

"In the olden days," she continued, "people could see angels. Now, they can't even see their fellow human beings."

Madam Koto kept appearing to me. She kept begging for my forgiveness, which I tried to give, but did not know how.

Arvamus: Oookei. What... Meh? See oli nii segane. Sellised asjad juhtusid, et... nagu mingi telenovela. Absurdne otsapidi. Küll minestati, siis järgmises lõigus oldi püsti ja karjuti, jäädi pimedaks-nägijaks-pimedaks... See, mis pärast Madam Koto surma juhtus, oli lihtsalt absurdne.
Üldiselt ei tundunud see üldse triloogia viimase raamatuna, sest... kõik läks asinult segasemaks. Mitte miski/keski peale Koto nagu oma lahendust ei leidnud, kui seegi lahendus oli. Ja raamat lõppes sellega, et homme valimised. -.- Kes võitis?! Lõviosa raamatust ju sellest rääkiski...

Hinne: 2/5
Tagasi üles Go down

Tagasi üles 
Lehekülg 3, lehekülgi kokku 3Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3